Going. . . Going. . . Nearly gone!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:
that's a possibility, but the problem I have is I've never heard Actives before, so wouldn't want to throw my eggs into one basket.

Ah, just seen that!

So you don't want actives then!

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin:This is very tempting.
The world of Ex-Dem is brimming with temptation. Tread carefully.

Seriously though, that's a very good deal. Especially if the amp is in good nick, cosmetically speaking.

chebby:

You are getting scatter-gunned with suggestions and I could add some too but - as you have often advised others - you need to spend the time you have (3 - 4 months wasn't it) checking out the reviews, reading betwen the lines of course, and sitting down in the same room with some of them.

Despite all the best intended suggestions of ebay gear, there is never any way to know in advance if you will like it, and no return period if you don't. Also no dealer or manufacturer warranty for peace of mind. Yes, you can sell it on but that is a whole load of work and worry you don't need.

You have an Arcam CD player already so maybe the FMJ A38 or A28 (both roughly in the ball-park of your budget) will suit. Aesthetically at least it won't be a train wreck
emotion-1.gif
(And lots of people rate the A38 highly.) They are stocked by most of the dealers who also stock stuff like Rega, Naim, Cyrus etc for comparison.

I have a very short-list of amps I've heard, ranging from Creek Evo, Kandy, Naim, Leema Pulse. The latter certainly made the biggest impression on me. The only snag with the Leema is I haven't heard it in my room. So I wouldn't encourage reams of different makes, just additional brands I could look at over the coming weeks.

AL13N:plastic penguin:This is very tempting.
The world of Ex-Dem is brimming with temptation. Tread carefully.

Seriously though, that's a very good deal. Especially if the amp is in good nick, cosmetically speaking.

Amps are fine if bought from a known dealer. Speakers? that's a different prospect in my view.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts