glitchy / stuttering music player - Samsung Galaxy S3

beanster2510

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my apoloiges if this has been covered elswhere (if so please direct me there, i couldnt find it in search). All my music is stored on the SD card, but the music player chooses at random moments to stutter, this doesnt happen in the original music file when played on via my laptop, so im pretty sure it is the stock player, it isnt repeatable, it just happens randomly, i always close down all apps so there should be enough RAM available. Do any of you have helpful comments / suggestions on how to remove this frustration, do it occur on other makes of android device?

thanks lots.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Well what do you know!?

I was just about to post the same issue. I’ve got a brand new Samsung S5 and it skips a ¼ second every now and again. These are files downloaded over wifi for off-line listening from Google Play music, listening through the Google Music app.

I’m using internal (not the microSD) storage option.

It doesn’t happen at the same point in the song - i.e. you cannot rewind and replicate the issue, and it happens on two sets of headphones (AKG 450 and Shure SE110).

Any clues anyone?

beanster2510

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this may help.

after doing a search elswhere, i found an app "poweramp". this has significantly redced the stutter /skip to a level that is acceptable, it has much more tweakability and the buffer time can be set.

it is on a 2 week trial and then £2.99 to buy the full licence. give it a go.

hope it helps.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
if you don't mind changing the rom on your phone, then try the cynanogen mod http://www.cyanogenmod.org/ for the phone. It's super easy to install (about 3 steps, no techy stuff) and from what I've read it doesn't have the stuttering issues which seems to be firmware issue with some of the samsung S series.

SteveR750

Poweramp only works with saved files onto the device, but it does hi res! Mind you, the DAC amp in the S3 is rubbish, so not worth the memory space, unless you get a separate DAC amp (e.g. Beyerdynamic A200, Fiio E18 spring to mind).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts