Gigs

idc

idc

Tunng were excellent and Stereo is a superb venue. You are down in a basement, but it quite a big space and they have decent lighting and acoustic treatment on the ceiling. The stage is high up as well, so so long as you do not stand behind a pillar, everyone has a great view.

The speakers used by the band were just right for the space and I took my ear plugs out. Tunng have been going for years and that showed with the excellent performance. They had some clever moves, knew how to interact with the appreciative audience and the music was just brilliant.

Next up, Oceansize at Oran Mor.

A

Anonymous

Saw Tunng a few years ago and really enjoyed them.

Yesterday we saw;
Aberfeldy - better than expected but still *Yawn*,

AJ Roach - brilliant folk country from this guy. Hopefuly seeing him again in a couple of weeks.

Rosanne Cash - Totally lived up to expectations great set with jut her and husband John Leventhal on guitar(s)

A

Anonymous

Just saw Steve Earle in Dunfermline last night. Fantastic show, didn't know half the stuff as I've only got two albums, but will certainly be seeing him again. Just got to hope it's different support next time round.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm in a quandary about whether to go to a gig. Last November went to see Yes. At the time the band featured some of the original and long standing band members, Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Rik Wakemans son. The Jon Anderson soundalike (can't remember name) was pretty good. They performed what was more than likely a pretty standard YES set of numbers. Nov 1st this year we now have Jon Anderson and Rik Wakeman appearing in Bristol. Not sure whether to go and see what will probably be more or less the same set.

Still pondering that one.

Rich

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Saw Modest Mouse last night at the Open house Festival in Belfast, they were excellent. Saw Iron and Wine at the same festival the night before supported by the Low Anthem and Nathaniel Rateliff - another great gig.

idc

Oceansize last night. With 4 guitars they play muti-layered very cleverly put together post/prog/indie rock. Live, it all just merged into a very loud mush. It was OK.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I shall be going to see Placebo at Brixton Academy next Monday, not been to Brixton or seen Placebo before so really looking forward to it. Have not heard much of Placebo over the last few years, so may not know a lot of the songs, still, as long as they play some of the early stuff should be a great night out.

A

Anonymous

Dillinger Escape Plan is next up for me on Oct 29th at The Garage in Glasgow. Never been to the Garage before, never seen Dillinger live before, I expect to be at the least deaf and seriously if not fatally injured at this gig judging by their live reputation, it'll be fun though!!!!

T

the record spot

DEP - nice one! Got one of their albums and my recollections of the singer were he sounded like a very angry young man! Happy to leave it to others to experience the bodily injury!

As for me, I'm off to see Jean-Michel Jarre (not quite the same thing as the DEP admittedly...!) next Sunday at the Braehead Arena in Glasgow. Haven't been there since the Blondie/Inxs gig in 2001.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I didn't realise DEP were over. Sadly, the best of DEP went when Dimitri and then Chris left. Even Gil Sharone couldn't stick it out for more than a couple of years.

If I could have seen them gigging 'Calculating Infinity', I'd have been a happy man.

A

Anonymous

Barenaked Ladies last friday at the O2 academy in Glasgow. Fantastic gig and such a great band. Perfect performance and very funny.

Fun Lovin' Criminals on Thursday at the HMV Picturehouse. Terrible sound was atrocious, c9ould barely hear the vocals and way way too much bass (probably affecting the vocal problem). Shame as the band themselves seemed good.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Saw Mark Ronson and The Business International last night at Manchester Academy. Was a great gig, stuff of the new album, stuff off his previous albums, a DJ set in the middle. All topped off with a special appearance from Dave McCabe of the Zutons.

Manchester Academy is a great venue too.

A

Anonymous

DEP were amazing, my ears are still ringing and my ribs hurt from the circle pit, but hey ho! Awesome night! I have honestly never seen a band give so much to the crowd, quite literally as they spent parts of the gig in/on the crowd!!!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've got Neurosis tickets for 6/12/10

Contemplating Fear Factory tickets for 19/12/10.

Oh, and playing with Designs Of Chaos on 11/12/10.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS