Question Getting Spotify connected to my system.

nads

Right. Looking to add something to my set up that will allow me to play music from Spotify.

how to do this I am not sure. I have a good means of accessing my NAS stored music and any internet radio with my good old trusty Squeezebox (Logitech) Touch. I also have iPhone and iPad and a media PC that I use for movie play back but I would prefer not to use the PC.

also as the internet here in the rural countryside can be temperamental if I will be looking at a new box it would have to do what the touch does and DAB as well as things like Spotify.
or is there a box that would allow me to “cast” Spotify from iPad to it, I was originally thinking chromcast audio but it has been discontinued.

so thought and recommendations please.

daveh75

Although discontinued the CCA is still supported by Google and can still be found for sale on the likes of eBay

Or buy an Amazon Echo Dot, it has a 3.5mm out and if voice control isn't your thing it will show up as a Spotify Connect device in the Spotify App.

"Casting" whether it's Google or Spotify Connect is superior to Bluetooth in every way...

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I use a SBT extensively and though the Squeezebox doesn't support Spotify anymore I can still access it through the 3rd party Spotty add-on. You don't get the full Spotify interface but you can access all Search and Library functions etc. Works for me.

nads

I use a SBT extensively and though the Squeezebox doesn't support Spotify anymore I can still access it through the 3rd party Spotty add-on. You don't get the full Spotify interface but you can access all Search and Library functions etc. Works for me.
That only works with a full subscription to Spotify from what info I can find.

but thanks.

nads

Although discontinued the CCA is still supported by Google and can still be found for sale on the likes of eBay

Or buy an Amazon Echo Dot, it has a 3.5mm out and if voice control isn't your thing it will show up as a Spotify Connect device in the Spotify App.

"Casting" whether it's Google or Spotify Connect is superior to Bluetooth in every way...
nice one will have a look at the Echo Dot.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
That only works with a full subscription to Spotify from what info I can find.

but thanks.

I didn't know that but I've had a Spotify Premium a/c for years now and didn't realise. I think £9.99 a month for ad free streaming in decent quality is well worth it, especially as all my family use the account at some time or another also.

Sometimes I just use my phone to access Spotify and use the Bluetooth AptX function on my amp. I can't tell a difference.

Warwickshire Lad

Dec 18, 2020
Visit site

Hello, A new person here so please bear with.....

I have the same Q as the O/P but i do have a spare echo dot around. Please can you give a but more detail about how to set this up. I have the dot, a 3.5 lead and a Spotify premium account.

My current methods a bit of a faff. I have an old iphone onto which ive loaded my spotify account. i start this playing and then use another phone which also has my spotify account loaded which is fine for going through menus but gives no volume control and if you stop play you have to get the 2 phones talking again

D

Deleted member 160668

Free spotify is 156kbps, ultimately rubbish sounding. Please try the paid version!!

Free trials of this and others are available. That stream rate is not even worth bothering with. Nails on blackboard comes to mind. May as well listen to the radio.

As advice given above though, the cheapest way that sounds decent to do this would be premium via a chromecast audio.

Beast place to buy one cheaply would be MyMemory. Hope that helps.

Reactions: DCarmi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts