Getting recorded programs from a Humax PVR to the bedroom.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've currently got a Humax 9200 PVR and I'm wanting to watch programs on the box which is downstairs on a TV upstairs. Ideally I'd like to have as few wires as possible so thought that a video sender would be the way forward. Is there a video sender that is considered better than others or is there another way of doing this? Or is using a coax cable the better way forward?

A

Anonymous

I've tried two or three different video senders, and haven't managed to get a decent link with any of them - I got severe picture interference with all of them, no matter what channel I tried. I suspect this might be related to wifi links, which if I remember correctly appear to operate somewhere around the same frequencies - but whatever the cause, I haven't had any luck.

If you do try a sender, make sure you can take it back if it doesn't work for you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Assuming we're talking HDMI out to HDMI in, something like this will do the job better than a wireless solution

For other video formats the same company has a range of solutions - see here.

A

Anonymous

I use a loft distribution box. You need a return coax feed from your primary location (probably sitting room) which is fed from the aerial out of the Humax. The 9200 includes an RF modulator which "adds in" its output. The loftbox then redistributes the whole signal to other aerial points, so you can then tune a TV in another location in to this signal, and store it on an unused channel.

Hope that's clear.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I carry my Humax to the other telly. Quicker and cheaper........

Try that when the OH is watching Oprah.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts