getting freeview channels on sky,Daveh75

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't understand why if a program is on freeview why it's still a subscription channel on Sky. the program in question is "Colditz" on the Yesterday channel. any help please.

A

Anonymous

chudleighpaul:Do you have Freeview?

I've got freeview built into my tv I think.I thought all free channels were exactly that no matter what system is used to view them.
just going to have to yet used going from Sky everything to Sky basic.

daveh75

Some broadcasters view/use Freeview as a marketing tool and will broadcast a channel FTA on Freeview in the hope you'll seek out their other subscription channels on paytv platforms.

Some channels are only present on Freeview in the first place because the satellite subscription money they receive in part funds them....

The channels that are available on Freeview but FTV (Free To View - free but encrypted, so require a Sky viewing card/box) on satellite are encrypted for two reasons, they've done an 'exclusivity' deal with Sky i.e 4HD. Or because of rights issue's,

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
mohawk:I don't understand why if a program is on freeview why it's still a subscription channel on Sky.
the program in question is "Colditz" on the Yesterday channel.
any help please.

Yep. Either get it on Freeview via your digital terrestrial aerial.

Or...

Buy the complete Colditz series on DVD from 15th November.

I can't imagine paying for 'Yesterday'. It has ads so presumably is paid for already. (Tell me you don't still get ads when subscribing for this stuff.)

A

Anonymous

chebby:
mohawk:I don't understand why if a program is on freeview why it's still a subscription channel on Sky.
the program in question is "Colditz" on the Yesterday channel.
any help please.

Yep. Either get it on Freeview via your digital terrestrial aerial.

Or...

Buy the complete Colditz series on DVD from 15th November.

I can't imagine paying for 'Yesterday'. It has ads so presumably is paid for already. (Tell me you don't still get ads when subscribing for this stuff.)

you gets loads of ads on most if not all of the subscription channels.I had to record and then playback and skip through them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts