getting a ex demo onkyo606 cheap not sure how to wire it HELP PLEASE

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The first thing is i have only 2 hdmi's on my hd tv, it is full1080p but it was one of the first lg ones

i have sky HD, xbox 360, PS3 (blu ray and storing hd camcorder footage only),wii,cambridge audio 640h cd player

and will be buying shortly a dvd recorder when i see a £50 bargin.

many thanks for any advise

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Sky HD - HDMI (video) + optical or digi-coax (newer boxes only) (audio) to amp

wii - component (green/blue/red) (video) + analogue (red/white) (audio) to amp

Xbox 360 - HDMI (if applicable) or component video (green/blue/red) + optical to amp

PS3 - HDMI to amp

CA640H - analogue RCA (red/white) to amp

Amp to TV - HDMI (Amp should upconvert/upscale non HDMI sources to 1080i/HDMI output e.g. Xbox 360/wii)

Amp to speakers - speaker cable (Van Damme Blue is good value)

Amp to subwoofer - subwoofer cable (Mark Grant makes good quality custom made cables)

If you want the option of only using the TV speakers for normal TV viewing, connect the HDMI from Sky HD direct to the TV. As the optical is also connected to the amp, you will also get DD5.1 from BBC HD, Sky Movies, Sports and US TV shows via the amp/speakers

You can get pseudo surround from the TV's freeview tuner by connecting an audio cable from the TV to the amp. This is usually analogue RCA (red/white) or optical. The DVD recorder will obviously depend on the model but will more than likely be component video plus digital audio (digi-coax or optical) or HDMI to the amp and a SCART connection from the TV SCART on the Sky HD box for backing up (SD) of Sky recordings. If you don't have the wii component cable, I would recommend you do. The official Nintendo cable will be the best quality and the most expensive but there are other third party versions but I have always found official cables to offer the best picture quality.

TRENDING THREADS