Advice needed urgently for a LCD neewbie (Please help me decide on a tv)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks, I am new to the world of LCD and need advise urgently as we are at present without a TV (not good!!) I have about 1200 pounds to but a new TV, we are agreed we want LCD from 40" to 47". It will be used for linking the to the PC watching DVD's normal and blueray and also playing game consoles on we have PS3 and XBox 360, watching normal freeview TvV(upgrade to Sky HD in the future and looking at pictures. Tv's we have looked at so far that we like are Sony KDL40/46W4500 - Sharp LC46D65E - Sharp LC46X20E - LG 47LG7000. Please help we are buying soon and want the best we can get.

Many Thanks for any replies in advance, help and advice will be very much appreciated.

Chris

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've got a Samsung LE-40A786R2 coming tomorrow, what sold me on this is it's contrast ratio - a staggering 2000000:1.
This set in my opion looks amazing, even when it's turned off, I'll be watching Blu-ray, standard DVD, Sky+ HD, when it comes and playing on a Wii.
I bought mine through John Lewis, but didn't pay their asking price of £1170, instead i rang round loads of shops, not just local either, ranged from Glasgow to London then got JL to price-match. Then got a 5 year warranty (free). I paid £ 849! Quite a saving.
The criteria you must meet in order for JL to price-match are:
1 - It must be a real shop, one that you can walk into.
2 - The item must be both in stock and on display - display model not included.
Hope this helps a little.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice, I like the samsong LCD's I think they are stunning to look at however when i asked on different forums and in shops I have been told the sound quality from samsung isnt as good as its rivals this put me off them as i want the best I can get for the money I am spending. Does anyone know any different about the samsung and can advise me on my original post?

Thanks,

Chris

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Best advice I can give you is to view all 4 tv's on your shortlist, play about with the settings so they are set something similar to what you would view at home. No doubt the 'white goods' stores will have the brightness racked up in the shop. Ask to play your favourite movies on them (which you take along with you). Listen and watch what you see on each and make the decision on which you think is best for you.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts