Get stored music on my HDD to play on my Pioneer LX81. Scrambled i-pod albums!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All

Stupid question time!! I'm a bit of a 'technophobe!' - if i record all my music on to an external hard drive, what do i need to do to get it to play via my Pioneer reciever - i've got that working with my router (which i was chuffed about!!) and can pick up the internet, i believe the pioneer has a USB port, why cant i just connect the hard drive via that? i assume i need something inbetween the two - whats the cheapest option??

Also, i have an i-pod which has scrambled all my albums following me downloading some free software to get all the missing artwork!! Over 250 CD's now split into about 1250 in i-tunes!!??

Any ideas greatly recieved!!

Thanks, Jason.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
As far as the Pioneer is concerned, read the manual, this amp can stream music from a PC (including FLAC!) via rthe network, according to the manual. I haven't tried it myself though.

A

Anonymous

Thanks! I have read the manual!! I don't want to connect my PC, just a HDD!!

Any other thoughts??

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You're not connecting the PC directly, you've already said the amp is networked via your router, so presumably the PC is as well, you just tell the amp to pull the music off the PC, the manual should tell you everything you need know.

It should also answer your question about the HDD. I think I can do it with my Pioneer KRP-500a, the Home Media Gallery can pull music, pictures and videos off my PC running a DLNA server. It can also read stuff off devices connected to its USB port, so I don't see why the amp couldn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts