Get even more out of my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I want if its possible a bit more detail and low end out of current system.

The way how...i thought, by replacing some speakercable, interconnect en digi coax?

This is what i use now; Onkyo sr 875,Pioneer DV-LX50 connected with v.d Hul interconnect D102 3'rd(for music) and a v.d Hul digi coax(for film). Then Mission M74i(x4) surround and 1 Mission center,connected with the Onkyo with QED silver ann speaker cable(only the front and center). And a Tannoy MX10 sub, connected with a v.d Hul The Bay C5 4m (one wire).

Someone anything to get more out of my system.

Thanx.

A

Anonymous

With an Onk I'd wholeheartedly recommend replacing the QED SA. You will be amazed the difference switching to something like Chord Odysssey 2 will make even if just for your stereo speakers. If you can't stretch that far try the Chord SS. Both Onk and QED cables verge on bright so are not a great match, Chord (or VDH for that matter given your preference for interconnects!) will calm it down a bit.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd agree with Octopo.

I have an Onkyo 606 and Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package, with a Marantz CD63 KI Signature cd player.

Tonight I changed from the QED silver Anniversiary cable to the QED Profile 4x4, and its become very clear that the Silver Anniversairy was an awful match to the rest of the system.

It sings now, with more overall control, precision and clarity, with the 'brash' treble disappearing.

Obviously the Profile 4x4 is an old cable, so look around for some better ones.

A

Anonymous

Thanx already,

I wonder if these are a better solution for sound improvement?

Chort Company Carnival (silverscreen).

v.d Hul C122.

A

Anonymous

I run a 875 along with Monitor Audio's RS8 AV system using QED AV all round apart for Kimber 8TC to the front mid/treble.

The sound is excellent. However big improvements to clarity/detail/depth/timing were made by buying off EBay BT mains conditioning units. This was on top of all ready having a dedicated mains spur, tacima unit, Russ Andrews power cords! All of which made good improvements by themselves.

No kit will sound really good if it is fed by a polluted mains supply, so spending time improving it will be money well spent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts