What is best cd player music upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is my current system: Onkyo sr875 av receiver, Pioneer dv-lx50 dvd player, Mission M74i speakers, NAD C521bee cd player, v.d Hull interconnects, W&M Bi-wire speakercable.

I want to boost up my cd music sound by buying a other cd player, can someone point out a player that suites my system best, and brings the best sound improvement for my system.

My budget is around 500,-

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Think you might want to look at a stereo amp before upgrading the CD player.

A

Anonymous

Hanno, you say in your other post you have a Marantz amp, so ignore my earlier comment.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hanno:
This is my current system: Onkyo sr875 av receiver, Pioneer dv-lx50 dvd player, Mission M74i speakers, NAD C521bee cd player, v.d Hull interconnects, W&M Bi-wire speakercable.

I want to boost up my cd music sound by buying a other cd player, can someone point out a player that suites my system best, and brings the best sound improvement for my system.

Thanks.

I would spend the money on a decent stereo amp. The 875 is a good receiver but will probably perform like a £200-300 stereo amp with cds.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:hanno:

Thanks.

I would spend the money on a decent stereo amp. The 875 is a good receiver but will probably perform like a £200-300 stereo amp with cds.

As I have said in a few posts, if you feed the 875 with a clean and stable mains supply you have a very clean signal path. With the 875 being a full class A (200 x 7 @6ohms) with Burr Brown DAC's it can (and does) deliver a 'high end' performance. Its Pre Amp section is so well made, its problem it has is in the interaction it has with the power supply rails. Clear up the noise and pollution outside the box and it is so sweet.
The most cost effective upgrade for anyone with a AV receiver is spending money getting this problem sorted out. As for a CD player, buy a Sony RDR with a 500gb hard drive and put your CD's losslesly onto that. Any CD transport is hard pressed to equal it.

A

Anonymous

selling the NAD C521bee and buying the NAD C542 cd player with the NAD C352 amp do the trick?

TRENDING THREADS