General Television Choice Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. When i came to buy a television a couple of years ago i got some wicked advice from this website and purchased a brilliant tele for really cheap.

So, i've decided to have another go...........

My dad is just about to purchase a new television. The last tele he brought was about 10 years ago and was a 32 inch loewe, which he spent something ridiculous like £4000 on. To be fair though the sound is epic on it and that is the main focus for the new televsion. However he would prefer a televsion that doesn't involve extra surround sound speakers. So basically a televsion with the best possible sound in-built. Obviously the picture needs to be very good also. I have a 37inch LED LCD panasonic and the picture on that in HD is breathtaking so something similar picture wise would be ample.

So basically the following criteria:

-Television with the best possible in-bulit sound

-Also the best possible picture to work in conjunction with the sound

-Needs to be full HD tele to be used with sky plus and a size of 37 - 42 inch

-Price is not really an issue providing the televsion is good value and meets all the above criteria.

Thanks alot and I hope you can offer me some good advice again.

John Duncan

Personally I think most flat-screen TVs sound a bit rubbish, so I'd be inclined to get one of these

www.whathifi.com/review/panasonic-tx-p42st30

and slap one of these on the back of it:

www.whathifi.com/Review/Q-Acoustics-Q-TV2/

Won't get better unless you go for separate amp and speakers...

A

Anonymous

ok thanks for that. so basically go for a television with all the features/functions etc needed with good picture quality and wap one of those on the back. Is that the best type of extra sound you can get??

John Duncan

Exactly right, yes.

It's not the absolute best no, you could buy a stereo amp and speakers or an active pair but they're harder to integrate and 'hide', and for the price I found the Q deeply impressive at what it does. Might be hard to find for a demo though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts