General Advice/Comments/Opinions

toiner1991

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, have stalked these forums for a while now but first time posting. Basically I am looking for some opinions from you guys as I am probably only slightly above newbie when it comes to home cinema.

A bit of background. Back in uni I wanted to upgrade my PC speakers to make my films etc better so after chatting to a few friends I settled on getting home cinema system rather than just standard PC speakers. I managed to pick up an LG HT805SH system reasonably cheap of ebay and was dead happy with it.

When I moved out into a place of my own following uni that cinema system got transfered to the TV and am still pretty happy with them. But I also wanted to have an individual system for listening to music. My thought process was to build up a separate system piece by piece so I could grab a bargain and eventually that would get transferred to the TV and the LG would get transferred elsewhere.
So I started hunting and managed to pick up some Wharfedale Diamond 9.0s for £10 and a Yamaha RX-V459 for £40. I was happy but I could tell there was a distinct lack of low end so I got hunting again and managed to get a Gale Storm 8 (I know that is a marmite sub) for £10 which fixed the problem for me.

At the moment my input source is DAB Radio or MP3 using a 3.5mm to stereo phono connection. But will be transferred to optical when the system is promoted.

But now I don't really know where to go next. I have been looking at bookshelves and floorstanders but can't really decide what I want or what would be the best next step or even what would match with what I currently have. So any thoughts, comments or opinions on what I should look for or what sort of things etc that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dan

PS Didn't know if this is the right place for this sort of thread so have also put it in the Hi-Fi forum, please remove if I've put this is the wrong place.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
To help, we'll need a few answers first.

How much are you looking to spend? How large is your room? What kind of music do you listen to?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts