Gas and electricity rip off bills rising!

• Thread starter Deleted member 197450
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197450

Not good at all we are paying a fortune now!

D

Deleted member 197450

Seriously, energy pricing was looking very bleak - even before Putin started his outrageous tricks.
Particularly bad for the poorest, many of whom pay even more due to being on prepay metering.
Yep, and it’s just going to get worse.

You can partially thank.our Green friends for that.
Wind and alternative energy sources are nowhere near providing our current requirements.and they forced the governments hand when it came to issuing new prospecting licences for the UK sector of the North Sea so we cannot go looking for new, much needed gas supplies. We are, therefore going to have to rely totally on the world market for these things rather than having a plentiful supply of our own.
They should have seen this coming years ago, I did because I work in that business, however attempting to go too Green too soon and this is what happens.
Break out the candles and solid fuel stoves I say.....

Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray

Gray

You can partially thank.our Green friends for that.
Wind and alternative energy sources are nowhere near providing our current requirements.and they forced the governments hand when it came to issuing new prospecting licences for the UK sector of the North Sea so we cannot go looking for new, much needed gas supplies. We are, therefore going to have to rely totally on the world market for these things rather than having a plentiful supply of our own.
They should have seen this coming years ago, I did because I work in that business, however attempting to go too Green too soon and this is what happens.
Break out the candles and solid fuel stoves I say.....
The French have lessened their billshock with a windfall tax on the energy firms.
Our lot have said why they think that's a bad idea - but the least they could have done was to remove VAT. I'd like them to have cancelled the green levies that add significantly to our bills.

The French have lessened their billshock with a windfall tax on the energy firms.
Our lot have said why they think that's a bad idea - but the least they could have done was to remove VAT. I'd like them to have cancelled the green levies that add significantly to our bills.
indeed, these levies are irrelevant.
until we can put in place a like for like replacement of fossil fuel energy with alternative energy the whole thing is pointless.
windfall taxes also.
Unless someone can immediately find an alternative energy source that doesn't require the additional energy or by products of the hydrocarbon industry's we are stuffed.
All levies should be abolished and immediate certificates issued for anyone who is still willing to seek new gas reserves within UK Southern North Sea and then we might see a bit of sanity return. There was a time we had plenty of energy in this could such that we didn't have to import.
Until this happens we are stuffed.

Reactions: WayneKerr

abacus

Incentives are used to get new projects off the ground, however renewables (And how to make them) have been sorted for some time, so the incentives are no longer needed and could be removed or seriously reduced. (Incentives for electric cars have dropped significantly as manufactures have ramped up new models (I would imagine they will totally disappear in a year or so) which is as it should be)
As to fossil fuels, then they are going to run out eventually, and the longer you leave it to design replacements the more expensive it will get. (Currently they just need to sort out the storage problems as there is plenty of renewable energy about (If you look at a lot of wind turbines they are not moving as their power is not required at certain times of the day, so if you could leave them running and just store the unwanted energy for later, you would have plenty in reserve for when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine)

Bill

Incentives are used to get new projects off the ground, however renewables (And how to make them) have been sorted for some time, so the incentives are no longer needed and could be removed or seriously reduced. (Incentives for electric cars have dropped significantly as manufactures have ramped up new models (I would imagine they will totally disappear in a year or so) which is as it should be)
As to fossil fuels, then they are going to run out eventually, and the longer you leave it to design replacements the more expensive it will get. (Currently they just need to sort out the storage problems as there is plenty of renewable energy about (If you look at a lot of wind turbines they are not moving as their power is not required at certain times of the day, so if you could leave them running and just store the unwanted energy for later, you would have plenty in reserve for when the wind doesn’t blow and the sun doesn’t shine)

Bill
You are living in cloud cuckoo land my friend.
Hope, you can handle your next gas bill....
We aren't talking electric cars or luxuries of said ilk, we are talking the very inputs to modern living / surviving.

abacus

Can you clarify, I don't understand your comments.

As I said in my first post the Incentive (Levies) for renewables are no longer required like they were as they have got most things sorted (It’s just the storage design needed to complete the chain) and no longer need the help to get going, this would automatically lower the bills as you would be paying significantly less for the (So called) green agenda.

Bill

As I said in my first post the Incentive (Levies) for renewables are no longer required like they were as they have got most things sorted (It’s just the storage design needed to complete the chain) and no longer need the help to get going, this would automatically lower the bills as you would be paying significantly less for the (So called) green agenda.

Bill
If I read you right there should not be any levies anywhere as companies have to stand on their own feet. If they cannot compete in the real world then there is no way they should be funded by others get exist.

abacus

If I read you right there should not be any levies anywhere as companies have to stand on their own feet. If they cannot compete in the real world then there is no way they should be funded by others get exist.

Yes, virtually all the development work has been done, (The most expensive part) so they no longer need large financial help. (This is how industry works and always has done (Large investment/Incentive to get going and then dispensed with once production begins) with those that don’t follow this formula going by the wayside)

Bill

Reactions: Al ears
Would be nice if that (too good to be true) nuclear fusion eventually offered some hope.
But when nuclear power was first introduced it was famously said that "Electricity would be too cheap to meter"
Who believed that?
most people involved in that industry. Unfortunately it wasn't allowed to continue and could only have provided electricity anyway. The world cannot revolve on electricity unlike a turntable......

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 197450

You really need to question whether you actually need 2 TVs in your room. That's a lot of money to spend on something you use 365 hours in the entire year.
I sold the LG 55C1 OLED TV I had because of that. Traded in my PS5 too.

Reactions: bigboss

DCarmi

A more recent government attempted to construct new nuclear stations but unfortunately the French and Japanese pulled out of the deal to build new plants in Angelsey and Oldbury. A new Chinese plant is about to be approved for Derbyshire and the French (EDF) have been building Hinkley C for a while.

I can't see there being much will, yet, to start on or off shore gas extraction from East Anglia and Suffolk, where there is quite a lot of the stuff. (And we already import a lot of electricity from France.)

Basically lifestyles will have to change and the easiest way to encourage that is through the pocket.
Wind-up CD player anyone? ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts