Garden/Outdoor speakers

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

it's our 10th wedding anniversary later this year and we'll be having a little bash to celebrate. As it's in the summer, we'll hopefully have the doors open and make good use of the garden. Only downside is that there's no music in the garden. I've thought of running an extra set of speakers from one of my Sonos zones outdoors (I can go from the dining room which is a ZP120 or the kitchen which has a ZP90) but I've no experience of outdoor speakers. If I'm going to have to buy something I may as well get something that can be used outdoors as I'll be adding another "garden" zone in the future.

Has anyone used any outdoor speakers and are there any major pitfalls to avoid?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:
Has anyone used any outdoor speakers and are there any major pitfalls to avoid?

Don't let a grapevine grow around the speaker cable, gets a bit heavy after a while...

I got some cheap from my local dealer but I can't remember what they are, Architectural something or other, I can't remember the name exactly without looking at them but they work well enough connected to a ZP120, they're fully weather proof (apparently), although I've got mine under an awning so they don't get that much exposure to the elements, except temperature, they seemed to survive the cold of the winter well enough though.

A

Anonymous

Hi Lee H,

I'd have a look at Bose Environmental range. They're used in most, (if not all), Merlin theme parks, ie Thorpe Park, Chessington etc.

They always sound great to me.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I've had a pair of these on my wish list for a good few years. When our house was rewired I had speaker cable run outside but I've never got round to connecting them up.

No idea if they're any good, they're just waterproof...

A

Anonymous

I have had a pair of Speakercrafts for over ten years and they are fine. My only advice would be to get black and not white as they don't show the dirt up. If I was changing them I would buy a pair of the new Monitor Audio CL80's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts