SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Went to Carphone earlier on to pick up my blue S3 only to be told it has been delayed. They are expecting limited numbers of white next week with the blue expected in 2 to 3 weeks :cry: . There have been lots of rumours on tinternet for the last week or so about expected delays due to a manufacturing fault with the back covers but some websites thought those who had pre-ordered would recieve their phones as normal.

Think the poor woman at the Carphone shop must of had one hell of a day today with some customers throwing their toys out of the pram. Don't shoot the messenger comes to mind, not her fault the phone is delayed. On the plus side Carphone are throwing in a £75 "entertainment pack" as a sorry for the delay. "It includes music, HD games and apps. Users can enjoy 50 music tracks, worth £50, from the catalogue of millions available on 7digital's mobile website. Users also grab HD games, worth £25 which includes N.O.V.A.2, Order and Chaos Online and The Adventures of Tin Tin, plus AVG Security".

A bit of an embarressment for Samsung with the delay but good to know they are fixing the issue before we get the phone unlike some other manufacturers. I wonder if Samsung will offer us anything extra with the phone as way of an apology for the delay.

Let us know your thoughts on your new toy chudleighpaul.

Sliced Bread

Hey chudleighpaul, I'm not sure if you've noticed but therr are independent brightness settings for the phone, browser and movie player.

Set these to full mad the colour to "natural" and I think it out performs even the One X when it comes to movie playback :0)

It's also faster than my pc when web browsing. This device is awesome.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that tip.

I have just tested the satnav and when you arrive at the destination it shows a pic of the first house in the postcode.

Agreed it is awesome:cheer:

Sliced Bread

For photos I'd say that daytime shots are sharper and have better colours and a little cleaner on the s3, but indoor lower light shots have less noise and are generally better on the One X.

For video recording the s3 as it's a lot smoother.

Apart from video, there is not a huge amount in it though.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am very interested in the sound quality having heard that it has a better dac then earlier version. s2 was a huge disappointment despite WHF review which was not accurate according to them in lossless playback it was on par with 4s which I strongly disagree.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I've come across and odd problem, which I think must be a software fault.

My Skype contacts have found their way into my main contact list,l and every time i look at the contacts, the skype contacts have duplicated themselves so that now the skype contacts are approaching 200 and growing!

If I try to delete them, I have a message saying cannot delete read only file but contact will be hidden in the list, but next time i look there are even more!!!

Don't know what to do:wall:

A

Anonymous

Samsung galaxy s3 is awesome handset.i like samsung s3 features.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorted the Skype contacts problem.

I uninstalled skype and then reinstalled it. Problem solved, the Skype contacts now stay where they should be and don't overflow into the phone contacts.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:
I've had a little problem too. I dropped it on a tile floor and broke the screen. :wall: Oh well, worst things happen at sea. Time to get it repaired.

Hope your home insurance covers you.

Had phone just over week now, and I am learning how to get the best from it.

Asked it (using voice) what is on at the local cinema and received very swift and accurate reponse.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Got one today. It's simply brilliant, the best phone I've had by a long way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts