Fyne audio BEATS KEF LS50

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 116933

I think it's pretty obvious really, small cab, small compromised woofer with not a lot of throw
and the spec sheet even suggests as such, what are they 79hz at +-3db, with boundary reinforcement maybe 69hz, it has its downsides but it makes matching a sub a lot easier.

But they are clearly not aimed at bass they have more in common with the LS35a's hence their namesake.
there more about mid-range performance and the human voice. Or at least that's what they try to aim for should I say.

but then I have a lot of stuff in my system you would hate, so what do I know.

It does seem that some people are buying them without giving consideration to room size and musical preferences though - and possibly without ever hearing them.
This is always a big mistake most people tend to make. They don't appear to realise that size and room is vital when choosing.

When I demoed the LS50s they had well defined bass and was sufficient for the room configuration; no small monitor is going to blow the walls down.

SteveR750

If you want a more objective assessment, it's worth reading Amir's review. Ignore his subjective review, that's his personal view, but the bass response needs to be borne in mind as that is real.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Late to the party but I'm only passing through. Never heard of the wharfedale 4.2 until I saw it earlier, it looks like a lot of speaker for the money, and seems to be getting favourable write ups

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
a Youtube audition is simply that, just another option and ultimately worthless...
Yes true

I have bought most of my gear over the years without audition because where I live there isn't much options. I was usually happy, probably I'm easy to please.Any wharfedale speaker I ever heard was good (to me). I think these are fantastic looking, I'd nearly buy them for the looks alone

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts