furutech gt40 - why only usb is there a way round it???

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
as above really. i am happy with set-up and need a usb phono stage to record some of vinyl records. so i though why not sell my dac magic and grab the above unit after xmas. but just saw that my squeezebox duet has not got usb out. or do the sonos so is the above unit only for laptop direct to it.

it is only a thought at the moment but i do like the unit and for £400 pound seems good value for money so is there way round it.

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
USB is computer only. It requires a driver- the rules in which the computer and device communicate with each other loaded onto the computer.

It doesn't just transmit audio digitally like audio digital outputs and cannot really be thought of one.

This makes it perfect for sending information both ways. From phono to computer. From computer to dac. Rules are created as to how this works. It makes it perfect for other rules so the remote on some dacs can control play/pause/fast forward on the computer.

iPod docks blur this a little as the usb doesn't require a computer. In this case the drivers are pre built in specifically for ipods.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts