Full HD HTiB System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear WHFSAV,

Can anybody give me a definitive answer either way on Panasonic's Full HD Home Theatre System SC-BT100 in terms of a release date and when you guys will be reviewing it. Incidently when going retail in May in the U.S was sold as a 5.1 kit, with the option of purchasing a further 2 satellite speakers connected wirelessly via receiver at £80 a kit. However here in the U.K its being sold as a 3.1 kit therefore if we want too go 7.1 would cost an additional £160, not like the good old brits to get shafted once again if possible could you raise that issue with Panasonic please, i mean why should our friends across the pond get preferential treatment.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm afraid the only times we can give definitive answers on review dates and releases are when we a) have the product in our test rooms and b) know the product is in the shops! Sadly I can offer you neither for the Panasonic, which we are merely being offered 'very shortly'.

And there is a good reason why wireless systems vary in US to UK - different wireless radio frequencies that effect design of kit (may not seem much, but it's all economies of scale - US is vastly largely market to UK, so different component costs can have huge cost-to-market implications). Not an excuse for UK mark-up, but is a contributory factor.

What I can tell you definitely is that Samsung's Blu-ray-in-a-box system - the HT-BD2 - is tested in our new issue, which will be with subscribers from tomorrow and in shops by Thursday.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Take your point on economies of scale & cost of market implications but thats it, there is no excuse for as much UK mark up as they tend too get here. But we've created a rod for our own back so to speak. Look forward to reading your Samsung review.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts