Front 3 speakers question

davidrust

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a Sony KDL-40X3500 a Marantz SR-6004 receiver, Marantz BD-5004 blu-ray player. My speaker set up is the old Mission six pack (Mission 70s) doing the centre and surround duties (7.1) and a pair of Mission M71s as my fronts.
I find my centre channel weak so my question is do you think I will have increased performance by changing my front 3 speakers to something like the B&W 685 and HTM62 or Monitor audio RX1s and RXLCR cenre? please shout out any other front 3 combo's too.

A

Anonymous

I have just gone for the RX1 & RXC (front 3)in gloss white with a AVR-1910 (not as powerful as yours) and these look and sound awsome.

They go upto 35Hz, so HD audio sounds pin sharp, and the mid/bass drivers look cool with their rear bolt construction, unique.

But the main area of improvement is the centre channel it is execellent with both bass & detail.

Buy the MA's you can't go wrong, I usually change kit frequently, but now I have managed to get my wife to agree to proper speakers instead of Sats, these are here to stay.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:

markjaspi:They go upto 35Hz,

KHz surely?

Yes of course, sometimes my half baked typing skills aren't up to the speed of my brain.

You lot are sooo picky

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Just keeping you 'on your toes'!!!
emotion-5.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
markjaspi:the_lhc:markjaspi:They go upto 35Hz,

KHz surely?

Yes of course, sometimes my half baked typing skills aren't up to the speed of my brain.

You lot are sooo picky

No, it's not that, it's just that if they DID go down to 35Hz I might be interested in a set myself!

A

Anonymous

AH I see, The RX2's go down to 40Hz I think (not 35) but are considerably larger than the RX1's and it has took me years to find a speaker with the right asthetics for my wife to allow in the lounge.

Started with a Bose Lifestye system and not looking back, unfortunately the wife still does, I wanted the RX6's but she correctly pointed out that our 18 month old daughter will have climbed over them and pulled them down within 10 minutes. maybe one day!!!

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:
AH I see, The RX2's go down to 40Hz I think (not 35) but are considerably larger than the RX1's and it has took me years to find a speaker with the right asthetics for my wife to allow in the lounge.

Started with a Bose Lifestye system and not looking back, unfortunately the wife still does, I wanted the RX6's but she correctly pointed out that our 18 month old daughter will have climbed over them and pulled them down within 10 minutes. maybe one day!!!

Yeah, little fingers can be problematic
emotion-2.gif

Mine have grown up now but my 6 yr old grandson is fascinated by the drivers pumping away, especially the RXW12
emotion-7.gif

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello David,

I have an Onkyo 905 and have recently bought the B&W 685 Theatre package (I gave my son my other home cinema system with large KEFs) but I upgraded the sub to B&W ASW610. The 685 speakers are a delight and the matching centre intergrates superbly. The 685s also sound marvelous with my Arcam Hi Fi. I would recommend an audition you wont be disapointed.

Best wishes

Chris

A

Anonymous

davidrust:Hi markjaspi thanks for the reply, do you have a picture of your set up I could look at? I really like the white gloss finish.

Unfortunately not yet, For some reason my supplier/couriers have decided not to deliver the centre speaker bracket (blaming the weather & stock problems), and I have still got holes in the ceiling where I have removed some of my in ceiling speakers ( waiting for the plasterer). Once it's all done in a week or so I post some pics.

But these sound and look awesome, I have just sold my sub on Flebay and I am running them with no sub and they still sound good.

I think the rear bolt method of mounting the drives meaning no screws looks excellent, and the gloss finish is defo worth the extra cash ( although my dealer discounted the price so I didn't pay any extra).

TRENDING THREADS