Marantz SR6004 Receiver & BD5004 Bluray player

davidrust

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I've just blind ordered the above products because my Sony Str-db940 has died and I want to move into hi def sound & vision.

It's a gamble I know but having heard a lot of marantz products in the past I am pretty confident I won't be disapointed. I'll be using the old Mission six pack for surround, centre and sub duties(70ASE)and Mission M71s for front stereo channels. My tv is the Sony KDL40X3500. I hope to upgrade the speakers as soon as I can afford to, possibly with the new Monitor Audio RX silver range.

Has anyone else ever spent a lot of money without testing before hand?

kaledi

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
I've the SR6003 and was rather suprised by its rapid replacement. No sign of a SR7004 or SR8004, which suggests to me that the SR6004 is being aimed higher up the price ladder. Where have you ordered the SR6004 - I've not seen any prices yet?

As for the BD5004, this appears to be the Blu-Ray player I want, but again depends on price - any ideas?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Was told by Marantz's PR yesterday that we will be getting an SR6004 to review shortly - will try and find out more details on the amp and Blu-ray player today.

kaledi

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
RRP of £799 doesn't seem that bad at all considering that it does offer a couple of upgrades vs. the SR6003, though the bluetooth receiver isn't something I'd probably use.

£450 for the BD5004 does sound great to me: looks like this is going to be my choice, assuming I like it when I actually get to play with one. I was convinced we would get a hefty UK tax that would bring the price up to about £600!

Clare, any chance you can push Marantz to supply you with one of their new blu-ray players - and just for fun do the same with Denon to see if these really are cloned!!

For anyone else, you can actually get the manuals of both mentioned amp/bluray on the Marantz website. If they are not explicitly available from the download section, just find a link to the manual of any other model, and replace the model number with the above and bingo you should get it. Otherwise the US site has them both listed.

A

Anonymous

Now it all makes sense. Purchased my SR6003 three weeks ago for £600, couldn't understand why, obviously Canterbury Hi Fi were already aware of the impending upgrade.

If the 6004 is any where as good as the 6003 you will be very happy (AV or Hi-Fi) with your choice. Top choice

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts