from stereo to home cinema set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have PS3 and Sky going through bi-amped Roksan Kandy MkIII integrated and Kandy Power amps, with Monitor Audio S6's. The sound is good and music playback outstanding, but would now like to expand into a 5.1 set up.

I am thinking about Yamaha DSP AX763, as it's the cheapest receiver with pre outs to use my MA's for L+R channels.

Speaker wise, could I save some pennies, (and space) using a MA radius 90, or even bronze lcr, rather than rs lcr, or would the multi-amped S6's not match well? ( I assume my older S6's will be tonally balanced with the RS?)

As for rear channel speakers, would smaller speakers from other manufacturer be suitable, (was thinking Jamo A102HCS5) for cost/size consideration, or (ceiling fitted MA's???)

Any thoughts and answers would be gratefully appreciated

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
kwm:
I currently have PS3 and Sky going through bi-amped Roksan Kandy MkIII integrated and Kandy Power amps, with Monitor Audio S6's. The sound is good and music playback outstanding, but would now like to expand into a 5.1 set up.

I am thinking about Yamaha DSP AX763, as it's the cheapest receiver with pre outs to use my MA's for L+R channels.

Speaker wise, could I save some pennies, (and space) using a MA radius 90, or even bronze lcr, rather than rs lcr, or would the multi-amped S6's not match well? ( I assume my older S6's will be tonally balanced with the RS?)

As for rear channel speakers, would smaller speakers from other manufacturer be suitable, (was thinking Jamo A102HCS5) for cost/size consideration, or (ceiling fitted MA's???)

Any thoughts and answers would be gratefully appreciated

Well, I used to have the Jamos as rears to my RS6s and for a while I had the Jamo centre speaker until I bought the Silver LCR (which I would advise you think about too). I now have the R90s as rears and they are brilliant. The most important purchase in your system would be the centre speaker and definitely get the RSW12!! As for receiver, I've not heard the Yamaha but with your set up, and as you are used to a very good stereo amp, I would try something a bit better (and I mean better by reviews read - the Yamaha 863 or the Sony 2400, or my 3400 that hasn't been reviewed yet) if you can stretch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts