Freeview and analogue tuners on LXD700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am almost decided on buying the heavily acclaimed Panasonic TX-32LXD700 tv but I was just wondering whether the off air performance is as good as a 50hz CRT would have been?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the tuners are very good indeed, and the view from the WHFSV review crew is that the picture quality is exceptionally good. Take a long hard look in the shop, and make sure it's being fed a decent signal.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It had the best tuner of any set in that test - even daytime TV looked good!

This new generation of flatscreens are the best yet, and the top models are - sounds odd to say - very CRT-like in the crisp, smooth nature of their pictures. That said, depends on the CRT in question - we saw plenty of good and bad examples of those in our time....

A

Anonymous

I am thinking of getting this TV and wondered whether the picture was good if kept on the same settings all the time?

The reason I ask is someone got a Panasonic Plasma and he keeps changing from Cinema to Normal settings depending on whether watching in daytime or evening and I don't really want to have to do this.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew!

I cannot get the Oct copy of What Hi-Fi to see the 32" LCD Supertest.
I would also like the Nov issue as I believe you are reviewing DVD Players in it?

Maybe I should just wait and order both copies direct?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Thanks Andrew!

I cannot get the Oct copy of What Hi-Fi to see the 32" LCD Supertest. [/quote]

Why? Where are you? It should be in the shops now...

A

Anonymous

I was just checking subscription and see that I can order three copies.
Would this include the Oct copy with the 32" Supertest?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]Thanks Andrew!

I cannot get the Oct copy of What Hi-Fi to see the 32" LCD Supertest. [/quote]

Why? Where are you? It should be in the shops now...

[/quote]

I live near Wick in the Highlands of Scotland. I tried every shop in my area with no luck!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah right. Should be possible for a local shop to order it for you. Tell them it's distributed by Frontline, so if they can get the Radio Times they can get WHFSV for you.

You'd have to check with the subs people and find out which issue your subscription will start with.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help Andrew! I think the shops did get them in but only two copies in one shop and one in another!

I have ordered three copies and asked that I can start with the Oct issue.

I have been toying with the idea of a 37" Panasonic Plasma but think realistically that the 32" LXD700 is a better size for my living room.
Do you think the picture and sound will be just as good?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Ah right. Should be possible for a local shop to order it for you. Tell them it's distributed by Frontline, so if they can get the Radio Times they can get WHFSV for you.

You'd have to check with the subs people and find out which issue your subscription will start with.

[/quote]

I ordered three copies and asked to start with the Oct issue but there seems to be a problem with my order.

In case I don't get the Oct and Nov issue can you please let me know how to order back copies Andrew?

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts