Freesat & Sky+ running on same dish

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Im about to install a pana 37" plasma in my kitchen / diner & was looking at running freesat with the humax PVR box.

I have sky+ in the lounge & was wondering if i can run both sky+ & the freesat of the same dish.

Is this a viable option or is it better / cheaper to have sky multiroom ?

cheers.

A

Anonymous

the best way of doing is it just run another cable from the dish to the location of the other tv. If you have sky+ already, then you will probably have a quad lnb on your dish, so just run a cable from a spare port on that to your humax box

A

Anonymous

Hi

thats great, is this fairly straightforward? Is it a case of using any port?

daveh75

Yes so long as you have a spare port/s you can use any one....Then it's just a case of running cable and terminating each end with an "F connector".

Also be sure to use good quality 75ohm double screened cable meant for digital/satellite installation's such as WF100 and not standard rg6/cheapo stuff the DIY stores sell.

Also remember if your going to be using the Humax HDR(pvr) it will require two feeds for full functionality as it has twin tuner's

A

Anonymous

Sounds good.

One last question, i was looking at a 32" LCD (pana TX32LZD85) this has built in freeview, as i mention i was planning on installing the humax freesat box, can i use freesat on a TV with freeview built in?

sean

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts