Freesat installation help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have got a couple of questions I just brought a HUMAX FOXSAT ive got an old sky dish pointed at astra one I need to know when i install the new dish which way do i need to point it left or right and up and down as the HUMAX FOXSAT got a metering devise to test the strength of the signal so im can gauge which way to point the dish thanks gary

daveh75

garysnooker:I have got a couple of questions I just brought a HUMAX FOXSAT ive got an old sky dish pointed at astra one I need to know when i install the new dish which way do i need to point it left or right and up and down as the HUMAX FOXSAT got a metering devise to test the strength of the signal so im can gauge which way to point the dish thanks gary As you look at the dish it will need to be swung further to the right but there is a lot more to it also. Have a look at this thread, Alsone gave very consise and detailed instructions on dish set up, including a site that gives dish direction,elevation,LNB skew etc.

However, as your dish is aligned to ASTRA1 i'm assuming it was used in the old sky analogue day's if this is the case it may have an analogue LNB which will not work and will need to be changed for a modern universal/digital one,and if the dish is that old i'd change it anyway.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help im going to buy a new dish with a new lnb on it is it easy to set up and thanks for your quick response

daveh75

garysnooker:Thanks for your help im going to buy a new dish with a new lnb on it is it easy to set up and thanks for your quick response it's not hard, but doing it by hand is a bit of a PITA to be honest but by carefully following Alsone's instruction's on the thread i linked to will see you right, but using a meter will speed up and make the whole process easier to be fair even a cheap meter like this will do.

Also why your at it replace the cabling, if it's been up as long as the dish it's probably seen better day's and most certainly isn't to Digital spec's. Make sure you use good quality 75ohm double screened cable meant for digital/satellite installations,

Webro Wf100 is the industry standard/recommended cable.

A

Anonymous

HI

Im considering freesat with the HUMAX box as well, i currently have Sky+ in the lounge & will be putting freesat in the kitchen /diner.

I was told that i would be able to run sky+ and the freesat off the same dish, is this correct? Im not so sure after reading the comments about aligning the dish to freesat.

Any help please.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seanie: I was told that i would be able to run sky+ and the freesat off the same dish, is this correct? Im not so sure after reading the comments about aligning the dish to freesat.

You should be fine, the previous posts were talking about the old Sky analogue service which came from a different satellite, but Freesat and Sky use the same satellite, so it'll be ok.

You'll need to check that your LNB has spare ports for the freesat though.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

OP was referring to the ASTRA 1 satellite (older analogue service). Not the current ASTRA satellites used for digital broadcasts.

As long as you have enough free ports on the LNB you'll be able to plug straight into the dish and run a freesat system from your installed dish.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

excellent

Where can i get the cable from? Any good sites / stores you can recomend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts