Freesat - dead in the water?

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
With ITVs new HD channels going to Sky and Freesat not announcing any new HD conrtent, is the platform now officially dead? No announcements about Channel 4 or Fives' HD channels moving onto Freesat, so what exactly is happening with it. It would be a shame to see it stopped being supported by TV manufacturers as the HD picture (when done right) is very good.

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
so as there is only one such broadcaster in the UK with that remit (the BBC), it is just a platform for them. As you can get this through Sky without a subscription anyway it still seems rather pointless going forward and that's coming from somebody who loves his Panasonic Freesat TV.

daveh75

fizban_UK:so as there is only one such broadcaster in the UK with that remit (the BBC), it is just a platform for them.The BBC isn't the only broadcaster with the remit. ITV, C4 and Five all have PSB obligations...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:Yep. Don't forgot BBC HD airs programmes from BBCs other channels not just BBC1.
I know, but I wondered what would happen when BBC HD was currently showing BBC1.I guess it increases HD choice a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts