Free TV if Murray wins Wimbledon !!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

i think ur find that was a JOKE!!! us english do it the scotish as well its called banter!!!

A

Anonymous

SAP7:He just isn't good enough. We are getting better players, but we still are not producing those with the big game ability. Murray is destined to be another almost. And, he deserved a lot of stick for his ill advised comments about the English.

I think Murray will win maybe two or three Grand Slam titles in his career, the US Open is probably his best bet for a first major victory.

The whole culture in British tennis is getting better, but it's been perceived as an extremely elitist sport for far too long. If the UK is ever to produce a true World-dominant player (by that I mean someone as successful as Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Steffi Graf or Venus Williams) they're probably not going to be the type who gets dropped off at an obscenely over-priced tennis club in Mummy's Volvo every Saturday morning.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
murray_:i think ur find that was a JOKE!!! us english do it the scotish as well its called banter!!!

Well, maybe he needs to improve his material - it wasn't funny!

No, seriously, I know what you mean but he just doesn't have that George Best, Seve, Higgins, Eubank about him. He is a very good player, obviously but he's never going to make me jump up and cheer him on.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Prof, no real need for that outburst

Agreed, and my apologies to all. The attitude some people have that British tennis players are rubbish still annoys me, but I realise now no offence was meant here - unfortunately I sometimes have sense of humour failures when I'm drunk
emotion-10.gif

Gerrardasnails:And your bit about being a Liverpool fan is lost on me.

Me too to be honest! I suspect I was trying to be clever - unfortunately, I'm not that clever at the best of times, let alone when I'm full of beer...

Okay, once again, I will try to enforce a forum ban after heavy drinking
emotion-13.gif

EDIT - oh, and fantastic final wasn't it?! I was rooting for Roddick (always tend to go for the guy who's never won before like Nadal last year), but well done to Federer, a class player.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:Gerrardasnails:And your bit about being a Liverpool fan is lost on me.
Me too to be honest!

I think you were alluding to Liverpool's lack of Premier League titles recently.

HTH, HAND!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
Gerrardasnails:Prof, no real need for that outburst

Agreed, and my apologies to all. The attitude some people have that British tennis players are rubbish still annoys me, but I realise now no offence was meant here - unfortunately I sometimes have sense of humour failures when I'm drunk
emotion-10.gif

Gerrardasnails:And your bit about being a Liverpool fan is lost on me.

Me too to be honest! I suspect I was trying to be clever - unfortunately, I'm not that clever at the best of times, let alone when I'm full of beer...

Okay, once again, I will try to enforce a forum ban after heavy drinking
emotion-13.gif

EDIT - oh, and fantastic final wasn't it?! I was rooting for Roddick (always tend to go for the guy who's never won before like Nadal last year), but well done to Federer, a class player.

An amazing effort by Roddick who seems just a great guy. I've seen him interviewed on tv (how many non British tennis players would get on Jonathan Ross!?) and he knows that he's always been just off the top drawer players but he puts so much effort in. It also shows just how great Federer is though, he just kept on doggedly and won a marathon and looked like he was just about to start at the end!

Back to Murray. If he can improve his second serve - and he could take a leaf out of Roddick's book and just risk a bit more on the second - he could be up there with Nadal once Federer retires and challenge for every major for the next five years. I would love to see Roddick win Wimbledon now that Fed has made history.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

fantastic final wasn't it?! I was rooting for Roddick (always tend to go for the guy who's never won before like Nadal last year), but well done to Federer, a class player.

A real classic - either player would have been a worthy champion.

Would have been nice to see Roddick win his first Wimbledon, but hats off to Federer.

TRENDING THREADS