Free TV if Murray wins Wimbledon !!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
No, really, see the details here

Basically, buy a telly between now and the final and, if Murray wins, the cost of the TV you have purchased will be credited to your account.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, maybe they watched him struggle last night before going with this offer...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I unwisely boosted my anxiety levels even further by switching between the Murray match and the England U21 football - I was in bits by the end of the evening!

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:I unwisely boosted my anxiety levels even further by switching between the Murray match and the England U21 football - I was in bits by the end of the evening!

Yeah that football match was a real nailbiter, result in doubt to the last...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well you've got to have hope....though going back to the game and finding ourselves another goal down got a tad repetitive. Good to see our future top-team goalies are getting good practice at howlers, though
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Andy Clough:Not sure my nerves could stand another match like that one, free TV or not.
Yeah but I'm Scottish and therefore am used to unfulfilled sporting expectation.

There's always the ladies' curling at the winter olympics...

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
There's just one thing I still don't understand, inspector...

Isn't

rudolphtherednosereindeer.jpg

supposed to be on the roof in December, not playing tennis under it in June...?

he did look as if he had a bit of a cold, didn't he...

JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:

There's just one thing I still don't understand, inspector...

Isn't

rudolphtherednosereindeer.jpg

supposed to be on the roof in December, not playing tennis under it in June...?

he did look as if he had a bit of a cold, didn't he...

Either that or the mosuitos have feasted on his ooter. . . .

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
rogueelement:No, really, see the details here

Basically, buy a telly between now and the final and, if Murray wins, the cost of the TV you have purchased will be credited to your account.

I would rather pay for the tv and he lost! Come on Fed!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'd rather take the money for the TV and stick it on Federer now, Murray really didn't want a 5-setter at this stage of the tournament and on current form Federer will walk all over him.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:I'd rather take the money for the TV and stick it on Federer now, Murray really didn't want a 5-setter at this stage of the tournament and on current form Federer will walk all over him.

Fingers crossed...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andy Clough:Not sure my nerves could stand another match like that one, free TV or not.
Yeah but I'm Scottish and therefore am used to unfulfilled sporting expectation.

Oh I dunno JD, you managed to scrape a tough-fought draw with the Faroe Islands so it's not all doom and gloom

A

Anonymous

wait a minute, why not wait till just before the final to buy the tv,by the time it arrives the match will be over so if he looses just return it? free chance to win a load of credit?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
No free TV's i guess.....as if it was ever gonna happen!............ Murray winning-not the free tv's
emotion-5.gif

Just when we get rid of Henmania another one arrives............will we have to listen to how Murray is the nearly man, golden boy of British Tennis, blah,blah,blah................

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, this annoys me. I challenge anyone who actually ever really followed tennis to be down on Henman or Murray's career. Henman got to 4th in the world and Murray is currently at 3rd in the world - if you ask me, that's pretty damn impressive. Okay, (so far) neither of them have won Wimbledon. But did you watch any of the matches they played in the other Grand Slams? Did you even watch the matches they lost on route to the Wimbledon final? In those, they actually played very well and just got outplayed by someone who just had that extra something. Does that deserve ridicule?

So what the hell is the whole putting them both down about? Do you hate tennis? Is that it? I'm really intrigued as I can't understand this attitude.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Torres09:Just when we get rid of Henmania another one arrives............

"another one arrives" - So you'd prefer it if Britain had no leading sports men / women I guess? Then you wouldn't have to watch a part of the nation get excited that we might actually have someone who was one of the best in the world.

Given you're a Liverpool fan, I guess I can understand that.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

Okay, this annoys me. I challenge anyone who actually ever really followed tennis to be down on Henman or Murray's career. Henman got to 4th in the world and Murray is currently at 3rd in the world - if you ask me, that's pretty damn impressive. Okay, (so far) neither of them have won Wimbledon. But did you watch any of the matches they played in the other Grand Slams? Did you even watch the matches they lost on route to the Wimbledon final? In those, they actually played very well and just got outplayed by someone who just had that extra something. Does that deserve ridicule?

So what the hell is the whole putting them both down about? Do you hate tennis? Is that it? I'm really intrigued as I can't understand this attitude.

Totally agree. Being Scottish I'm actually proud of this young man's achievement, and he is still young. Welcome to the UK, the country where we build you up only to knock you down.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

"another one arrives" - So you'd prefer it if Britain had no leading sports men / women I guess? Then you wouldn't have to watch a part of the nation get excited that we might actually have someone who was one of the best in the world.

WOW, professor you take your tennis very seriously..........ah well you'll just have to wait another 12 months..

And no i dont prefer if Britain had no leading sports men / women, its great to see Jenson Button doing so well in the F1 after a few bad seasons, however i dont see 3 or 4 pages dedicated to him in the back pages of the papers,extended media coverage etc,etc and he's actually winning races!.........

A

Anonymous

He just isn't good enough.

We are getting better players, but we still are not producing those with the big game ability. Murray is destined to be another almost.

And, he deserved a lot of stick for his ill advised comments about the English.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:

Prof, no real need for that outburst. I don't feel the need to cheer someone on just because they are British. Murray and Henman are the most boring personalities. Mansell, Faldo and Lewis Hamilton are the same for me. Button has a bit about him - cheeky chappy maybe.

Murray did himself no favours when he declared that he cheered on the other side when England played football. I don't blame him for being like that but he as silly it would hardly adhere him to the English public, to which many fans of tennis belong.

At the end of the day, sport is all about having favourites and teams/people that you don't like - Murray is one of them. Not quite Man Utd, maybe more like Chelsea to me.

And your bit about being a Liverpool fan is lost on me. If you are saying that we don't have many English players in the team, what about the fact that we have an Italian as our national coach? I see it as nationality does not come into any of it. I like who I like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts