Review Fosi Audio MC351 Amp Review – June/2024

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Reviews are acceptable here but paid reviews aren't. This is a paid review as you are given the kit by Fosi and allowed to keep it for free by posting this review. You're not the first, we had two others doing the same last month their posts were deleted by the mods. It will the mods decision whether this stays or not, not mine (y)

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

kccycle41

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the info Doug, it is appreciated. I'm not trying to be difficult, and it's not a big deal to me one way or the other, but it's not my career, and it has become more work than I'd like, being a tester for Fosi. I'm just trying to provide some honest feedback and help them out if they deserve it. Also, is this not a premier site where there are tons of reviews by professional reviewers who make their living doing this? Do they not make any monetary, or other rewards for their reviews and opinions, and can anyone honestly say that they are totally unbiased doing this? And, I'm asking this in total honesty, because I have no idea, is the difference because they pay a fee to post here? Anyway, whatever What-Hi-Fi decides is out of my control Thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes
Thanks for the info Doug, it is appreciated. I'm not trying to be difficult, and it's not a big deal to me one way or the other, but it's not my career, and it has become more work than I'd like, being a tester for Fosi. I'm just trying to provide some honest feedback and help them out if they deserve it. Also, is this not a premier site where there are tons of reviews by professional reviewers who make their living doing this? Do they not make any monetary, or other rewards for their reviews and opinions, and can anyone honestly say that they are totally unbiased doing this? And, I'm asking this in total honesty, because I have no idea, is the difference because they pay a fee to post here? Anyway, whatever What-Hi-Fi decides is out of my control Thanks for letting me know.
Can you clarify whether you paid for the item, or whether it was given to you in exchange for posting reviews? You seem to be saying the latter.

The site belongs to What Hifi so it is entitled to post its own reviews, and individuals posting their own thoughts on gear is perfectly acceptable. But any form of commercial relationship between reviewer and manufacturer is not acceptable - that would be viewed as advertising.

I'll leave this open so you can clarify - though in the absence of a suitable reply the assumption will be made that you were given it in exchange for reviewing it.

You seem a perfectly reasonable person, so sorry for having to intervene. Forum rules are in a sticky at the top of each subforum.

Last edited:

kccycle41

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
Can you clarify whether you paid for the item, or whether it was given to you in exchange for posting reviews? You seem to be saying the latter.

The site belongs to What Hifi so it is entitled to post its own reviews, and individuals posting their own thoughts on gear is perfectly acceptable. But any form of commercial relationship between reviewer and manufacturer is not acceptable - that would be viewed as advertising.

I'll leave this open so you can clarify - though in the absence of a suitable reply the assumption will be made that you were given it in exchange for reviewing it.

You seem a perfectly reasonable person, so sorry for having to intervene. Forum rules are in a sticky at the top of each subforum.
Hi 12th Monkey, first of all, sorry for not reading the rules, I thought it would be acceptable if the situation was made clear up front. Yes, of course I did not pay for the amp, or at least Fosi Audio has not asked for anything yet. I have spent a lot of time on this, so I wouldn't give it back anyway, ha! I do understand the reasoning behind this What Hifi's rule, and it is their site, so they can make them as they please and we can choose to follow them or go somewhere else, simple. But it still sounds a little hypocritical, with all of the other sponsored reviews here. Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, but it sucks when people try to be honest. We would not be having this conversation if I wanted to deceive people by just omitting the fact I got it free from Fosi. Just for the record, yes, Fosi Audio asked me to test, write and post this review, no more specifics than that. I have said my piece and I will accept the fact that you will delete my review, no hard feelings. Thank you for being kind and understanding about all of this, and giving me a chance to explain before deleting the review, appreciated. I'm not a big subscriber to audio sites and forums, but in my quest to research new purchases, I have come across many brutally harsh responses from 'know-it-alls'. People can be nasty, I do not envy your job. Thanks, Kevin

kccycle41

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
I understand how you feel - I guess the distinction is that it's WHF's site so they are getting paid - with other paid/supported reviews, someone else is.

Again, thanks for your responses - were but everyone was this mature/reasonable.
Thanks for the honest reply. Every business needs to be profitable, otherwise they would last a week and be gone!

I like that Fosi are transparent about their policy of offering review samples in exchange for published reports. They know that their reputation has been pretty much created by today’s YouTube influencers/reviewers supported by measurement oriented websites.

Historically, published journals, like our hosts here, haven’t always been so clear about how gear is sourced. Fortunately this forum has made it pretty clear that manufacturers send review samples rather than there being any question that kit is purchased and sold on, for example.

For clarity, my Fosi was purchased with my own money!

Reactions: Al ears and DougK1

daveh75

I like that Fosi are transparent about their policy of offering review samples in exchange for published reports. They know that their reputation has been pretty much created by today’s YouTube influencers/reviewers supported by measurement oriented websites.

Personally I find their "tester programme" a rather dishonest/spammy method of marketing, that only serves to put me off the brand completely.

We've had at least 3 participants in Fosi's programme sign up recently just to post reviews (as they're required to by said programme).

Last edited:
Personally I find their "tester programme" a rather dishonest/spammy method of marketing, that only serves to put me off the brand completely.

We've had at least 3 participants in Fosi's programme sign up recently just to post reviews (as they're required to by said programme).
Fair enough, and I do agree nobody should be posting their opinions here if garnered in that way, any more than they should be offering kit for sale. But that’s all in the forum rules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts