Forum upgrade - What do you want?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

austinh7:russ74:

The only other this is probably just a glitch and will be sorted - when clicking on last reply it goes to the last reply & not the top of the page.

The link to the last reply should go to the last reply, it does what it says on the tin!

The formatting of posts issue is down to user preferences and is linked to the registration and sign up process. We have to integrate the site sign up with all of the other sites, (this is why you can use your whathifi.com user details for the other Haymarket sites.) This part of the application is being rebuilt from the ground up so we *should* get rid a lot of these problems and you can then get the choice of how to format your posts.

hmm, thats wierd, when i click the last reply button it takes me to the top of the page and not the last reply, would prefer it the other way round tbh, as after all i hit the last reply button, er well, so i can read the last reply, and not have to scroll down past posts i've already seen

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I would like the ability to copy and paste pictures on the forum. I can't do it now....by the way, I am not thinking of putting any dodgy pictures.

A

Anonymous

Seems people are still having formating issues.

I'd like the following features:

1. The ability for me to bookmark threads I want to track.
2. Private messaging
3. A classifieds section for 2nd hand.

Maybe contentious, but I can't see why it couldn't be managed.

Oh, and maybe one more:
4. How about a users reviews section. You could publish a generic pro forma and we fill in the boxes. Would be so much fun!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:How about a users reviews section. You could publish a generic pro forma and we fill in the boxes. Would be so much fun!

But you can already add user reviews to any of the product reviews hosted on this site. Simply click on 'Your opinion' on any review and write away....

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
A chat room would be nice or does this come under private messaging, so people on line can debate and argue Hifi over Home Cinema for example
emotion-5.gif

Happy days.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Will Harris:How about a users reviews section. You could publish a generic pro forma and we fill in the boxes. Would be so much fun!

But you can already add user reviews to any of the product reviews hosted on this site. Simply click on 'Your opinion' on any review and write away....

Oh yes. Oh well, I suppose you're right. And actually, on reflection, it's quite a cool feature! Back to work for me. :-(

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Greenwich_Man:Please can you make so that if I past in from Word - it wont show all those word codes

Not sure that can be done.. Best bet is to compose in Notepad or something similar.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:Clare Newsome:

Oh yes. Oh well, I suppose you're right. And actually, on reflection, it's quite a cool feature! Back to work for me. :-(

I'm surprised more people dont use it. i always check when i read a review if a reader has commented.

i agree with the suggestions for private messages and easy access to my posts. one site i use automatically enters a hyperlink with the words "click here" when you post a link, which is great. i also second the suggestion that the ability to copy and paste pictures would be useful.

Oh, and longer sigs would be great. as much as i like the pithy quotes some use, i like to be able to post my gear in it, and there should be enough to post all your main system stereo and home cinema kit.

EDIT - and simply being able to select italics or bold text as in Word, and some other forums, would be great. it would just help to EMPHASISE certain things in a world where writing in CAPS constitutes shouting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts