Forrest Gump on bluray

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Absolutely love this movie so i was really pleased when i heard it was coming to bluray.

But i must say i was fairly disapointed with it, the quality of the picture was not much better than that of the DVD (upscaled) it does show that extra ounce of clarity in the PQ but nothing to write home about & as for the AQ even though its in DTS master audio that to wasnt a giant leap, i know the movie is more dialogue based but when it comes to the vietnam scenes there doesnt seem to be alot in terms of surround sound, im sure the DVD version had more to it. Ive read a few reviews elsewhere & find im not alone.

Has anybody else found this with Forrest Gump?

Such a shame ...

A

Anonymous

Iam a big fan of this movie two, so buying the blu-ray release was from day one to me , i think this blu-ray release it offered a far superior quality than the one found on dvd and it,ss definitely worth the upgrade! ok the vedio quality it,s not up there with the best, but definitely a very good one! however i think the measure upgrade was in the audio department and thise DTS-HD MA it,s a stunner! i have never heard the vietnam battle scene sounded so scary and terrifying , bullet's were coming from everywhere in the room tearing up the speakers and explotion were literally shaking the house it,s realy a demo worthy scene and it will put any HT system to the test.

A

Anonymous

jase fox:Absolutely love this movie so i was really pleased when i heard it was coming to bluray.

But i must say i was fairly disapointed with it, the quality of the picture was not much better than that of the DVD (upscaled) it does show that extra ounce of clarity in the PQ but nothing to write home about & as for the AQ even though its in DTS master audio that to wasnt a giant leap, i know the movie is more dialogue based but when it comes to the vietnam scenes there doesnt seem to be alot in terms of surround sound, im sure the DVD version had more to it. Ive read a few reviews elsewhere & find im not alone.

Has anybody else found this with Forrest Gump?

Such a shame ...

The US version got great reviews maybe uk got Forrest Chump? Or is your upscaling too good!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/277/forrestgump.html

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Bluray is like a box of chocolates ..................
emotion-5.gif

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I havnt said its a terrible transfer but that its not much better than the DVD & i still stick to that, yes it is "slighty" sharper but not to a high level, & although the audio is good it isnt great, when was the last time any of you fellas watched this on DVD? Im a huge fan of this film & ive watched it loads of times were ive lost count & take it from me its not a major improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts