forcing kef ls50 w2 to use 5 ghz only

klaas

May 30, 2022
Visit site
Hello all,

is there a way to force the kef ls50 w2 to use 5 ghz only without making changes in my router/accespoint?

reason for this:

- I have a dualband router (2.5 and 5 ghz). Sometimes the kef is on the 2.5 band and sometimes on the 5. It seems that the 5ghz works better for the kef (when starting up the kef sometimes looses the internetconnection etc.).
- i have a lot of devices that use 2.5 only. If i change the pasworth for the 2.5 band the kef would be forced to use 5ghz only (2.5 and 5 have now same passwords etc.) but I would also need to reinstall all other devices/much work.

thanks
Klaas

manicm

Set band auto-switch off on your router. Those devices that only work on 2.4 won't require any changes. Then set your KEF to use 5ghz band. Repeat for other devices that should use 5ghz.

A bit of work but it's worth it.

klaas

May 30, 2022
Visit site
thanks manicm,

but:

"Then set your KEF to use 5ghz band. Repeat for other devices that should use 5ghz"

this would mean/require an second/other name for the 5 ghz band and reinstall all the 5 ghz devices etc.

Or is there a possibility in kef connect to select 5g only (so i would not have to dive into my routersettings or other device settings).

greetings,

KLaas

TRENDING THREADS