Forced bass

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
jmjones said:
There probably isn’t any. Are you unhappy with the Rega? I’ve never owned one, but by reputation, there’s no reason for me to assume that they are bass heavy.

Was the context a conversation? Just a term or phrase?

I’m with Gaz. You can like or dislike the tonal balance of your kit. I quite like clarity. Heavy bass I find is overwhelming, which I guess makes me a fan of unforced bass?

When you say Heavy bass how many Kilo's are you talking about ? *biggrin*

insider9

jimmy1 said:
i googled forced bass and this thread was all that came up 
Making history... we need to do better chaps.

Is it anything like forced rhubarb?

Forced rhubarb (cough.. bass) grown in the sheds is more tender than that grown outdoors in summer. Without daylight the rhubarb (bass) leaves are an anaemic green-yellow, and the stalks, measuring two feet (60 cm), are smooth textured and crimson

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately well over a hundred Kg. I'm the perfect weight for someone who is 8 foot 3 inches. If you can get the reverb just right, there is considerable acoustic induced wobble. Probably why I don't like too much bass.

On the rhubarb front, we sprout enough on this forum. Rhubarb, rhubarb. *mail1*

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
jmjones said:
Unfortunately well over a hundred Kg. I'm the perfect weight for someone who is 8 foot 3 inches. If you can get the reverb just right, there is considerable acoustic induced wobble. Probably why I don't like too much bass.

On the rhubarb front, we sprout enough on this forum. Rhubarb, rhubarb. *mail1*

*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts