For some reason I get addicted to certain albums...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
No other way to describe it. I buy a lot of music and I own many recordings that I love. However, for some reason, there's a handful of recordings that I get addicted to and I find myself going back to them over and over again. I never grow tired of them. And oddly it's not always what I consider to be the best music in my collection (I guess it depends how you define "best"). I also don't think I could accurately predict on initial listening which recordings will become my goto favorites.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm the same with certain albums. 2009 were taken up by about three albums, which I still listen to, and have not tired of them. This year, any travelling I've done has been while listening to Them Crooked Vultures, and the album just gets better and better the more I listen to it. But different to you, on initial listening, I really didn't think it would become such a regular favourite.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Sounds familiar this.

Many years ago I had a similar thing going on with "Remote Control" by The Tubes.

This year, I keep going back, time and again, to John Grant's "Queen of Denmark", one of those recordings that really forces you to keep playing it. I find something new every time.

A

Anonymous

David I also play Them Crooked Vultures a lot but my most played is Joe Bonamassa's Black Rock. What a great album!

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hey David you must have a good shortlist of albums in lots of different genres to demo hifi to potential clients?? When i went to my hifi shop (James Morrow) to buy my Monitor Audio RX6 s they played music that really made them sing sweetly after they played my chosen discs. What is the current album(s) you use??

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
c0pperhead:It's 'A Humpty Dumpty Thing'.

emotion-42.gif

idc

I have had addictions to Pink Floyd's The Wall and Led Zep's 'In Through the Outdoor'. Presently I keep going back to Martin Hagfor's 'Men and Flies'.

With the huge selection available form online streaming, addictions are not so much of an issue anymore.

TRENDING THREADS