Focal Scalas or Diablos with subs?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Thanks for the response Neuphonix.

Any change I do make will have a hard act to follow after Harbeth, but I think probably stand mounts, although I have had floor standers in here before... ProAc studio130, quite a slim one and ATC SCM40 that had a very flat response.

The Electra range would probably be the ones I try when the time comes... think Iceman has the 1028?

Mac

I agree with the comments from both Neuphonix and Iceman.........and would be surprised if they were a keeper, though they are certainly good enough to be worth trying.

It might be worth seeing if a new Kef Reference line is released. :shifty:

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
Thanks for the response Neuphonix.

Any change I do make will have a hard act to follow after Harbeth, but I think probably stand mounts, although I have had floor standers in here before... ProAc studio130, quite a slim one and ATC SCM40 that had a very flat response.

The Electra range would probably be the ones I try when the time comes... think Iceman has the 1028?

Mac

I agree with the comments from both Neuphonix and Iceman.........and would be surprised if they were a keeper, though they are certainly good enough to be worth trying.

It might be worth seeing if a new Kef Reference line is released. :shifty:

Haha, priceless, you just couldn't help yourself could you?! :rofl:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
In view of the informed responses, thank you all, really helpful, I think I will have to rule Focal out, certainly all the time I'm in this sized room...

Cno, when the time comes, I will have to listen to some Kef Ref! The only other make I think I would consider is Sonas Faber... again, don't know how they'd work in my room.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Cno, when the time comes, I will have to listen to some Kef Ref! The only other make I think I would consider is Sonas Faber... again, don't know how they'd work in my room.

Mac

The current Kef Refs are quite a long way from the Harbeth sound, just not as far as the Focals. If they bring out an updated model with the Blade tweeter, they will have a tonal quality closer to the R Series, which would be very interesting indeed. 8)

EDIT. Neuphonix - what ever it is you are thinking of saying........forget it! :p

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

The current Kef Refs are quite a long way from the Harbeth sound, just not as far as the Focals. If they bring out an updated model with the Blade tweeter, they will have a tonal quality closer to the R Series, which would be very interesting indeed. 8)

EDIT. Neuphonix - what ever it is you are thinking of saying........forget it! :p

What? I have nothing but the utmost respect for your calm & considered input ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts