Focal Chorus 7xx/8xx or MA RS6?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have Marantz PM7001 and CD6002 and would like to pair them with new set of speakers. I am looking for very detailed, punchy!!! and bright sound.

I will try to take them home on a test drive but would like to hear your opinion which of those speakers fit my desired sound more. The room is quite big 8m x 4,5m so I guess floorstander is a must.

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What would be handy to know is what music do you listen to?

I'm a huge fan of the RS6's BUT I'm not a big fan of Marantz.

I have heard them both together when I bought the RS6's first time round and didnt like the sound at all. I didnt feel that the Maranzt sound suited the RS6's well but they also sounded a little 'under-powered'.

A

Anonymous

I don't have any experience with Focals, but I had Marantz PM7001Ki and RS6s for 5 months. Contrary to Dan's view, I think this was a good combo - punchy and detailed. 7001Ki is of course better than 7001 but i wouldn't think the difference is so large that 7001 would be unsuitable. I found Marantz quite neutral and RS6s is a bit forward and the combo never sounded excessively bright or underpowered. Marantz delivers 90ish watts into 6 ohms and RS6s are rated 91db, so power issue isn't really there. If you search this forum, i've provided more detailed feedback on the combo in other threads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts