Focal 706V Rear Wall Placement

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm due to order some AVI Neutron 5's when monies get paid in to the bank very shortly, but I've come across a very good ex-dem deal on these speakers. I've only ever read and researched excellence on these speakers, but I'm a little concerned about rear wall placement as it seems they may need a bit of room. Maximum I have would be 12"so any opinions as if this would be sufficient? I would be buying "blind" but quite happy to take the risk as long as they don't need more than a foot!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Blackdawn:The 706v's are front ported so should be fine close to the wall, like the Lektor 1's.

Doesn't always follow, but to late now....ordered!

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Your right. Ideally you wouldn't sit speakers next to the wall whether it's a rear or front ported speaker. Out of the two I'd always pick front ported placed nearer the wall rather than the other way around. The main difference I think will be that the 706v should sound larger due to the bigger cabinet and woofer and are more sensitive than the Lektor 1's, so should be easier to drive. Even my Lektor 2 don't really have a big sound.

A

Anonymous

Mine don't sound too bad near a wall, but you'll want to give them a bit of room to breathe. About a foot, like you mentiones, should be fine.

Kind regards, Mark.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies but I ordered them any way! (delivered this coming Monday).

£255 ex-dem, and in response to my question on their history the reply was ..."Not a lot to tell. Box opened, played here a bit placed on stands on blu-tak (no top spikes), stored on carpeted shelves, never lent out, just like new." Sounds good to me!

A

Anonymous

I've had my 706v's for about 3 weeks and they still make me smile. They are about 40cm from the wall and sound very open and not boomy at all.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. £255 is a very good deal indeed

Mart

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
MartSmith:
I've had my 706v's for about 3 weeks and they still make me smile. They are about 40cm from the wall and sound very open and not boomy at all.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. £255 is a very good deal indeed

Mart

Cheers Mart.

Got them from Signals and believe a couple of guys from here have bought from there as well. They'll be a bit of a size hike for my bedroom set-up but hey, who cares! I've read a hell of a lot on these speakers and can't say I've seen such consistently excellent reviews and user feedback on speakers at their price level. They're in "Wenge", though, so guess I might have to throw some black chiffon over them! lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts