Floorstanders for the new Rega Brio-r?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jakja83 said:
I have gotten a great offer on either the DC4T or DC6T floorstander from Tannoys Revolution Signature range. Would those be a "sound" choice for the Brio-r? Also over the RS5? I feel the aestethics of the RS5s leave a lot to be desired, but my primary goal is sound quality and musicality...

Then you really need to try and hear the Rega RS5s in your room with the Brio-R. (Or at least hear them at the dealer's.)

If your primary goal is WAF factor and looks then you already know what you like. (KEFs, Tannoys etc.)

There is an option to get RS5's in piano gloss black (for about 10 percent on top of normal price) if that would help.

Even Rick from Musicraft recommends the RS5s in your set-up (and that's saying something given how 'nuts' he is about ATC
smiley-smile.gif
)

Rega equipment traditionally benefits a lot from same brand synergy between it's components (moreso than many other companies). It would be a shame not to give them a go. Or even try the RS3s (I actually prefer them to the RS5s) that are a little smaller and neater.

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am aware of that, but I don't live in the UK and the nearest dealer is 450 kilometers away... :( There is no dealer nearby for either brand and I don't seem to be able to locate any info on people who have made a comparison.

I can get a pair of black gloss RS5s demoused for a decent price, but I feel their design makes me think they aren't as modern and good as others - I now it is a bit silly but....

The Tannoys look really good and costs exactly the same as the demoused RS5s - not an easy decision to make without and audition...

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Can't wait to hear this new amp. The old Brio 3 was good but the sound became really hard on the ears when you put the volume up. Hope this won't be the case with the brio-r.

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
My dealer is still awaiting stock on the Brio-R, I am wondering why there is no other reviews of the amp than the one in Tone.

I have gotten the DC6T Signature model from Tannoy and they are great, but I miss a bit punch and depth bass-wise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts