Flickering lcd screen

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi

one of my amps has a green lcd screen which after about 10 minutes of being on will start flickering when music is played. It's only very faint but it is noticeable and now a little irritating. It is in warranty but before I go to the hassle of returning does anyone have an idea what might cause it? I have spoken to the manufacturer who were not particularly helpful. I wondered if it might be either power supply or vibration issue.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
In what way was the manufacturer not particularly helpful?

Assuming someone here can tell you it is component fault and pin-point it (unlikely) what are you going to do?

You mention a green display and power supply. I guess (in absence of any information) you are talking cyrus and in particular one of their integrateds plus a psx.

Cyrus will not fault find over the phone or by mail.

Give it to an appointed service agent and have it sorted.

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It will go back to the manufacturer however it is a big and expensive amp and before I went to the hassle of moving it and risking damage I just wondered if there was anything to consider outside of fault. Sorry by power supply I meant mains feed.

its just odd that it is fine when no music is playing but when playing music there is a very faint flicker.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Philim said:
It will go back to the manufacturer however it is a big and expensive amp and before I went to the hassle of moving it and risking damage I just wondered if there was anything to consider outside of fault. Sorry by power supply I meant mains feed.

its just odd that it is fine when no music is playing but when playing music there is a very faint flicker.

I can imagine it to be irritating. Even if it was a vibration issue (which would still be due to a faulty component) what can you do personally?

I'd get it sorted, especially if it was expensive and still under warranty.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
If under warranty I would take to the dealer, if under 6 months old I would request a new one. Your contract is with the seller not the manufacturer, so I would get them to sort it out, they may lend you one while yours is away. Can you turn the display off?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts