First time with NAD!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After the death of my Denon, I went and did some auditioning and ended up coming home with a NAD 326 BEE for 260 pounds .I haven't heard much of their stuff before but this amp really impressed me with it's detail and great bass control. I know that NAD don't seem to be everybody's favorite but they do seem to provide good value for money. I like the fact that there is the option to add a power amp if ever needed.

Any others enjoy the virtue of NAD amps or am I in a minority on this forum.

T

the record spot

NAD make good stuff alright; always have done. There's some vocal NAD fans on here, so expect them to turn up soon!

matthewpiano

I'm a big fan of NAD and I'm actually using my old C521BEE CD player again as I'm finding it a bit more natural sounding than the CD63SE (brilliant thought the Marantz is).

The C326BEE is a great amp if partnered correctly. Mordaunt-Short usually make a great match.

A

Anonymous

Big NAD fanatic here!

Still got my 1st NAD C3020 and a C320BEE amp in the loft along with a NAD C542 CDP!

Just sold my NAD C165BEE pre and C275BEE power set-up as unfortunately it was gathering dust rather than being used
smiley-cry.gif

A

Anonymous

I've had a NAD C320BEE amp now for god know's how long and never tire of it. Using a pair of MS 904 speakers and Marantz CD6003 CD player with Chord cables. Love the sound.

A

Anonymous

It certainly is an infectious kinda of sound, As Matthew says it seems to have great synergy with the MS's. I wish I had tried this combo out before. To me it sounds very natural and unforced.

A

Anonymous

just out of curiosity NADS which amp do you currently use?

A

Anonymous

Evening all,

Call me mad, but I yesterday spent an obscene amount of money having an original NAD 3020 amplifier repaired that I originally purchased in 1983. It's given fantastic service for nearly 30 years but recently showed it's age with a few "pops and hums". However, it's now back in the family, set up in my teenage sons bedroom and will hopefully give him as much pleasure as I've had as he sets out to discover music.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
NAD certainly produce good budget amplifiers, I have had 3 myself. Just don't listen to anything in the next price bracket and you will be fine.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I use a NAD 165/275 pre-power combo with a Naim Uniti as a source (temporarily, at least until the new NAD 424 streamer is available).

Brilliant amps, tops in my book. Couldn't ask for more for the price.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
First off, I'm a big NAD fan. I love their gear. And as a bit of an online hifi forum junkee, I'd venture to guess that it's about the most universally liked hifi company around. Whenever NAD is mentioned, people tend to come out of the woodwork to mention positive experience with NAD (mostly their amps). And why shouldn't they be well liked, they make fabulous products at affordable prices. One thing I love about NAD is the understated cosmetics. That totally appeals to me. I really like the idea of a company that makes it clear that its the inside of the amp that matter most.

Regarding the C165/C275 pre/amp combo, I owned this setup for quite awhile and while I've happily moved on, I still miss this NAD gear at times. Absolultely class A top notch gear for the money IMO.

A

Anonymous

Hi all and The limey

All I can say is that it is the sound that I like. I have tried more expensive cdp and still prefered the Nad, Not saying they were not better I just prefer the Nad sound.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I own a NAD C326BEE amp. I like it a lot.........it's so balanced and easy to listen to.

And yes I like the looks also.........
smiley-wink.gif

A

Anonymous

Great to hear so many positive replies, there seems to be some love for the NAD.

the facia is understated and non glitzy, I like this, it tells me that they probably spent most of their budget on what's under the hood. Any hey that's where it counts. To be honest I quite like the looks, at night with low level lighting and the Blu LEDs .

This amp is certainly brings out the best in the Avianos and really makes them sing. I should have gone to bed early last night, it. just one of those occasions when you can't stop listening.

Anyway, thoroughly charmed by it.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
What hifi said about the C326 amp ;

"This NAD amp is so dynamic, fluid and engaging, that it's very hard not to just surrender to its charms and enjoy the music. The midrange is muscular and revealing, and tunes just romp along, with real cohesion and a genuinely musical sense".

My thoughts exactly
smiley-wink.gif

A

Anonymous

SonofSun said:
NAD certainly produce good budget amplifiers, I have had 3 myself. Just don't listen to anything in the next price bracket and you will be fine.

Oh, I'd heard very positive things about the Pre power combo. c165 c275. did you not get on with them? Have you listened to the M2 direct digital amp?

A

Anonymous

It's all about what you like. I like the understated looks as when people hear my stereo they get a musical suprise and most importantly to me it sound good. People who don't listern to music like I do comment on how it sounds. I had a vistor and I was playing Beyonce's Sasha Fierce album and they were very impressed.

Gtncj said:
It's all about what you like. I like the understated looks as when people hear my stereo they get a musical suprise and most importantly to me it sound good. People who don't listern to music like I do comment on how it sounds. I had a vistor and I was playing Beyonce's Sasha Fierce album and they were very impressed.

Fully empathise with the surprise element. When most people clock my creaky old Marantz they're on the floor in fits of laughter. Once switched on they tend to go "oooo, that's not bad..."

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Fully empathise with the surprise element. When most people clock my creaky old Marantz they're on the floor in fits of laughter. Once switched on they tend to go "oooo, that's not bad..."
Would love to say I've found the same. Away from my direct family, most people I know virtually point and smirk at my ancient Cyrus amp with its grey flaky paint and big analogue knobs, and just don't 'get' why I prefer it to their £60 remote control ipod dock or plastic all-in-one Matsui microsystem. Neither does the difference in SQ particularly convince them: so long as they can tell who the artist is and get a rough impression of the tune they're hearing, qualities we talk about like image, depth, soundstage, separation and so on are irrelevancies which don't interest them. It's all about looks, size (smaller the better) and convenience features. SQ is last.

MajorFubar said:
plastic penguin said:
Would love to say I've found the same. Away from my direct family, most people I know virtually point and smirk at my ancient Cyrus amp with its grey flaky paint and big analogue knobs, and just don't 'get' why I prefer it to their £60 remote control ipod dock or plastic all-in-one Matsui microsystem. Neither does the difference in SQ particularly convince them: so long as they can tell who the artist is and get a rough impression of the tune they're hearing, qualities we talk about like image, depth, soundstage, separation and so on are irrelevancies which don't interest them. It's all about looks, size (smaller the better) and convenience features. SQ is last.

That's why they're doubled up with laughter. They see the flaky facia and say things such as: "Which museum did you aquire THAT from?" It's lovely to have a surprise element.

A

Anonymous

Nad is great, many many bangs for your buck, great build quality and pretty good sound. for those of us not rolling in money it is the best way to go until we are rolling in money. my old nad c370 and c270 never ever gave me a second of trouble. i miss em both.

enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts