First time nad owner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

gasolin said:
matthewpiano said:
gasolin said:
matthewpiano said:
My first NAD was a 3130, and I had that when I was 18. Later, about 7 or 8 years ago now, I had a C325BEE. The upgrade and box swapping bugs grabbed hold of me, based on reading reviews mainly, and I moved away from NAD, dipping back with a C326BEE, and then stupidly moving away again. Now, I'm back with NAD and I've had my C316BEE for a couple of months now. It won't be going anywhere. I've still got my Brio-R in a cupboard, but absolutely no chance of it coming back. The NAD is so musically involving, just as my past NAD amps have been, and this time I'm wise enough to know when to stick.

Why 316BBE why not 326 or a one of the bigger models

How do we compare wattage? Nad 312 25/50 316 40/90 watt how is that in watt fra other brands

I remember the 315bbe or 316bbe having some trnsformer noise or hum anyone who remember which one?

AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill (Iron Man 2 Version) youtube, my nad 312 is almost to loud at 12 0'clock (ac/dc has to be loud)
I went for the C316BEE for financial reasons, but I'd actually say it is a more satisfying amp than the C326BEE anyway. It doesn't draw attention to anything you could call a weakness, and just gets on with the job of involving you in the music. It's a cracking little amp. I recall the C315BEE having some humming issues reported when it was first released, but I think they were sorted out. Certainly my C316BEE has no extraneous noises at all and actually has much quieter backgrounds than the Rega Brio-R.

Are you hepokatti? http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=53138
No, I'm not. Interesting that hepokatti should have some of the same thoughts. However, the Brio-R is rather better than he/she suggests. It is very good at soundstaging and instrumental timbre. Where it falls down is in a tendency to seperate all the strands out, lacking cogency overall. The NAD is more musically satisfying as a whole.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Will the NAD classic line-up receive any updates this year or not? If my Pioneer A30 packs in any time soon (doubt it will) then I've be tempted by the C316BEE, especially with the matching CD player.

gasolin

Blackdawn said:
Will the NAD classic line-up receive any updates this year or not? If my Pioneer A30 packs in any time soon (doubt it will) then I've be tempted by the C316BEE, especially with the matching CD player.

Do it i'm now the owner of a nad c 316BEE maby the marantz CD5005 instead of the nad cdplayer

gasolin

matthewpiano said:
The C516BEE CD player is also excellent.

Think the marantz cd5005 are better and with a lower price tage it's a no brainer

Here in denmark its 200£ for the nad and 150£ for the marantz, marantz cd6005 is 250£

Either way you get a good cdplayer and the nad has the same look as the amp

One thing i can tell you is that if you want something that sounds bigger then it's size and if you love bass, it's the nad c 316BEE

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be an interesting comparison - 316BEE and A30 amps. However, not worth the change in my instance. I would still be drawn to the 516 cd player to partner the Nad, it receives good reviews and looks better than the Marantz, imo.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
matthewpiano said:

Think the marantz cd5005 are better and with a lower price tage it's a no brainer

Here in denmark its 200£ for the nad and 150£ for the marantz, marantz cd6005 is 250£

One thing i can tell you is that if you want something that sounds bigger then it's size and if you love bass, it's the nad c 316BEE

I've noticed the prices are usually more now for the NAD gear than before but its not stoping people buying it. Helpful having a good waranty. Just a shame the gear is sold in few places.

gasolin

Blackdawn said:
gasolin said:
matthewpiano said:

I've noticed the prices are usually more now for the NAD gear than before but its not stoping people buying it. Helpful having a good waranty. Just a shame the gear is sold in few places.

In denmark we have 3 years warranty on nad

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
gasolin said:
Electro said:
All Nad amplifiers can deliver higher current than most comparable amplifiers, they produce real world power measured into real life loads so they preserve musical transients better than most, this is why they sound so good in comparison with the hyped up specs supplied by many other manufacturers .

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/108951/Nad-312.html?page=2#manual

As you can se from my signature i do own a nad 312, it just have some weak static noise,high pitched sound, changed a little connected to my mb instead of mybehringer uca 202.

I don't know why, but i'm actually considering a nad 316BEE although i can't upgrade from it since there is no preout.

I have no clue what makes this weak noise,high pitched sound, if i could fix it 100% i wouldn't consider a newer nad amp, only a nad power amp) i must admit i like the sound above marantz PM6005 i just have sold a few hours ago, it was to thin sounding but open,clear sound, with a thin bass it wasn't the fullbodied neutral sound i like that nad have and are very good for rock music like ac/dc (but still for those who like an open,clear sound the marantz is very good)

What about the hum from the small nad amps?

If I put my ear on the casing I can hear a very slight hum but that is all, I use mine with some large very old Sony standmount speakers and a DAB tuner in my garage so I can listen to either Jazz FM or LBC ,

I have lent it out to several people who were in temporary need of an amp and the have all been amazed how powerful an musical is sounds .

Does it make the noise with nothing connected to it apart from the speakers?

gasolin

Electro said:
gasolin said:
Electro said:
All Nad amplifiers can deliver higher current than most comparable amplifiers, they produce real world power measured into real life loads so they preserve musical transients better than most, this is why they sound so good in comparison with the hyped up specs supplied by many other manufacturers .

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/108951/Nad-312.html?page=2#manual

As you can se from my signature i do own a nad 312, it just have some weak static noise,high pitched sound, changed a little connected to my mb instead of mybehringer uca 202.

I don't know why, but i'm actually considering a nad 316BEE although i can't upgrade from it since there is no preout.

I have no clue what makes this weak noise,high pitched sound, if i could fix it 100% i wouldn't consider a newer nad amp, only a nad power amp) i must admit i like the sound above marantz PM6005 i just have sold a few hours ago, it was to thin sounding but open,clear sound, with a thin bass it wasn't the fullbodied neutral sound i like that nad have and are very good for rock music like ac/dc (but still for those who like an open,clear sound the marantz is very good)

What about the hum from the small nad amps?

If I put my ear on the casing I can hear a very slight hum but that is all, I use mine with some large very old Sony standmount speakers and a DAB tuner in my garage so I can listen to either Jazz FM or LBC ,

I have lent it out to several people who were in temporary need of an amp and the have all been amazed how powerful an musical is sounds .

Does it make the noise with nothing connected to it apart from the speakers?

yes it does, it's not that, mabye something has to be replaced, mabye the electrolytes that i have heard many change on older amps, inside it says 1995 although i know the amp model is made from 1996-1998, but sound and power is fine and all works (don't have a tt so i don't know if it works,but i don't care since i'm not using it)

TRENDING THREADS