First time dac buyers

Damonmbro

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Hey guys. Setting up my first system and looking into getting my first dac. Have a chance to get a geshelli jnog v1 with the original akm chip. Or found a good price on a schiit bitfrost v1. What are your thoughts on the two? Or any other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks

jjbomber

Hey guys. Setting up my first system and looking into getting my first dac. Have a chance to get a geshelli jnog v1 with the original akm chip. Or found a good price on a schiit bitfrost v1. What are your thoughts on the two? Or any other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks
It would help if you could tell us what components it is going to be used with. Thanks.

Damonmbro

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Hey my friend. yes! I meant to leave this info in the msg but i guess i spaced! I have many questions about all my gear being a virgin hi fi guy ! Lol. But i shall save that for another thread. I have a pair of thiel CS 2's and a single thiel MCS 1 center speaker ( not sure how i'll hook up all 3 with current amp setup ) running through an nad 2200 power envelope and 1310 pre amp. Also have an onkyo dx7555 cd player on the way and will probably be streaming tidal or something comparable ( though have not yet pulled the trigger and am currently using Spotify to stream. Hope this helps you to help me!

Damonmbro

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
Also reading more about the j2 from geshelli and really think I'm leaning towards that. Am i correct that the j2 is a multibit dac and capable of decoding mqa files?

Also reading more about the j2 from geshelli and really think I'm leaning towards that. Am i correct that the j2 is a multibit dac and capable of decoding mqa files?
I’ve looked at the website and a review, but I see no mention of MQA. Strange that they seem to give you a choice of DAC chip, yet no information about the differences.

What is your device for streaming?

Damonmbro

Aug 18, 2022
Visit site
I’ve looked at the website and a review, but I see no mention of MQA. Strange that they seem to give you a choice of DAC chip, yet no information about the differences.

What is your device for streaming?
Yeah the website was fairly vague thats why i asked here! I've heard people calling it a "poor mans bitfrost 2 " which led me to believe that it was a multibit with MQA ! Also as for streaming i don't have a device besides my phone as of yet. Or possibly straight from macbook. But im definitely open to suggestions for streaming devices

Yeah the website was fairly vague thats why i asked here! I've heard people calling it a "poor mans bitfrost 2 " which led me to believe that it was a multibit with MQA ! Also as for streaming i don't have a device besides my phone as of yet. Or possibly straight from macbook. But im definitely open to suggestions for streaming devices
If you want MQA and a brand with some sort of backup then maybe this? It caters for phone, and computer inputs. However, you might prefer a streamer designed for the job, if like me, you’d rather, leave your computer on your desk when relaxing with music. .

I’m not too familiar with the Bitfrost but someone else may chip in.

TRENDING THREADS