First post, Looking for help re soundbars??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First of all, hello everyone, im new here and this is my first post. I am looking for help re soundbars.

I have a ps3 and a samsung hd ready tv, and i use my ps3 for EVERYTHING, music, games, movies etc etc, but the sound from my tv is dreadfull. The missus will not allow a 5.1 surround system as she doesnt want wires or speakers on the wall, so i think my only solution is a soundbar.

I am looking for advice on which one i should buy. one that is simple to set up, cheap, and tidy. I think i need one with an optical connection for the ps3?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha YSP-600 is pretty good. Do a search for other posts and take a look at the review of it. It's £300. It has optical and HDMI inputs and will sit nicely on a shelf below a 32" screen. It will never be able to compete with a proper setup and it helps if your TV is not in the corner to allow the sound to bounce of the walls.

I have one in the corner however and I'm still pretty pleased with it. You can add a sub if your room is quite big. Also check out the YSP-30D or 40D which are wider and more expensive.

A

Anonymous

that looks ok actually, nice and tidy?? is the price a good one?? will watch the thread for any other suggestions...thanks for advice so far..

A

Anonymous

best price i can find

sounds great

pumping bass

loads of hdmi connections as well

A

Anonymous

im definatly torn between the sony 2.1 and the yamaha soundbar?? really struggling to make up my mind lol

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
holbrook99:im definatly torn between the sony 2.1 and the yamaha soundbar?? really struggling to make up my mind lol Check out the Denon DHT- FS3 comes with Sub Woofer, optical and Digital connections. My brother has one and it is damn good for the money. Easy to set up,in nice piano black finish. www.denon.co.uk. Streets ahead of the others you mention i"d say.

A

Anonymous

holbrook99:im definatly torn between the sony 2.1 and the yamaha soundbar?? really struggling to make up my mind lol

i spent quite a lot of time trying to decide what to get and evenyually i got the sony

my reasons where

i have sony tv and ps3 so the sony looks really good with the rest of my stuff

it smaller than a sound bar really descrete

its got loads of connections and sounds great.

but at the end of the day the decision is up to you

which ever you get the sound will be improved ten fold and because none are full sorround i think it comes down to which one looks the best with what youve got

good luck

A

Anonymous

is it easy to connect it all up mate? is it just optical cables from ps3 and v+ box to the sub/amp?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
holbrook99:is it easy to connect it all up mate? is it just optical cables from ps3 and v+ box to the sub/amp? If you are talking about the Denon yes easy. you will need a pair of 1 metre Phono Leads from TV to Denon for sound. you will then need an optical from both ps3 and v+ box to the denon also. Job Done. When you turn on the TV the Denon senses this and turns itself on also.

A

Anonymous

no im talking about the 2.1 sony, the denon is over my budget. thanks anyway

A

Anonymous

holbrook99:no im talking about the 2.1 sony, the denon is over my budget. thanks anyway

yeah really easy

i connect my ps3 to the amp with hdmi and my V+ box to the amp with hdmi then 1 hdmi from the amp to the tv

so you will need 3 hdmi leads i presume you already have 2 so you should only need 1

or you can connect your ps3 and V+ to tv with hdmi (or any other type of connection) and use optical to connect them to the amp

its just easier with hdmi

hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks adison,...been over on another site too and there seems to be some confusion as to wether this amp can deal with hd sound or something and some people have been saying i must connect the ps3 to the amp with optical cables? also can you confirm if ps3 needs to be set to bitstream or lpcm.

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

holbrook99:
Thanks adison,...been over on another site too and there seems to be some confusion as to wether this amp can deal with hd sound or something and some people have been saying i must connect the ps3 to the amp with optical cables? also can you confirm if ps3 needs to be set to bitstream or lpcm.

Thanks

Paul

dont really understand why people get so in to it

plug it all in then go into ps3 menu

find sound settings then choose auto set up and let the ps3 decide whats best.

can you post a link to the other site so i can have a look?

A

Anonymous

do you know what delivery times are like on pixmania, i ordered yesterday and i really need it by friday as have a house warming party?

A

Anonymous

standard delivery is 2-3 days so you should have it on thursday if you ordered yestaerday morning or friday if it was afternoon.

have a good party mate

if your having a party you need sing star it great for partys!!!!

A

Anonymous

lOL, Ive got it!!! hope this system eliminates the calabration problem

TRENDING THREADS