First Post Hello To Everyone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This is truly pathetic.

I posted a short hello, NOT REALISING THAT IT WAS THE T/T SECTION, because there is a "Welcome to New Members" section and because NOBODY ELSE had said hello, after TWO & HALF HOURS. If I had realised it was the T/T section then I would probably have worded my VERY SHORT HELLO slightly differently, because I know how defensive some souls are about their T/Ts. NO OFFENCE WAS INTENDED AND I MISTAKENLY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TAKEN AS READ.

However, someone had a little melt-down because they read into my HELLO, things that were not written or IN THE LEAST BIT intended. I cannot help it if people read my post and then come up with paranoid extrapolations based on their own insecurities and error. However passionately Jim believes he is right and however loudly he shouts it; FICTION & ERROR DO NOT BECOME FACT.

As I've said previously, but some have been unable to read and/or retain, I don't give a monkey's what you listen to or how you listen to it [unless you're asking for help and advice]. Specifically, if you love your vinyl as much as I love my digital then I'm as happy as a 'pig in.....'. I happen to have an aversion to vinyl surface noises, one a side is one too many for me, so sue me.

Any way, now that this thread has been derailed, because of dreamed up malicious intent and error, perhaps I/we could invite Mr Sensible to begin a fresh thread so those interested can follow without all this tedious BS being in the way.

Thanks for listening, don't waste your wind replying because I shall ignore this thread from now on. I have better things to do than carry on a discussion with some individuals, who cannot determine the difference between fact and fiction.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh, relocated, I know you won't be able to resist reading this, especially when you see my name. I'm not the shouting type and I am neither paranoid or insecure and I'm not given to dreaming things up; there are others who have noted that there may well have been intent lurking behind your post.

However, I agree with you that this has become 'pathetic' and I too would like to bury the hatchet; I accept that no offence was intended, but perhaps you should understand the sensibilities of people who prefer to listen to music via formats that some are want to ridicule and which I accept are not the choice of the majority. Additionally, I realise that we may be characterised as rather sad, old-fashioned types, clinging on for dear life to old ways or our youth etc in the teeth of the gale of scientific evidence. Our comfort blanket, if you like. I think that's why I responded rather too vigorously to your post.

Thanks for your detailed explanations; I did appreciate them.

TRENDING THREADS