First over-ear headphone for my father?

NathanH

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I am looking for a headphone for my father. It will be his first. And the budget is around max. 150 euros.

So far these headphones are the ones I'm considering: Sennheiser HD 201, Sennheiser HD 429, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x and the Samson SR850.

He listens to multiple genres (but no pop, rock, metal) and he thinks he would prefer open-back, but has only tried the Sennheiser HD 201 in a store which is closed-back.

Most of the time he will use the headphones with his smartphone at home and he will not use it on the go.

Thanks!

- Nathan

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
NathanH said:
Hi!

I am looking for a headphone for my father. It will be his first. And the budget is around max. 150 euros.

So far these headphones are the ones I'm considering: Sennheiser HD 201, Sennheiser HD 429, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x and the Samson SR850.

He listens to multiple genres (but no pop, rock, metal) and he thinks he would prefer open-back, but has only tried the Sennheiser HD 201 in a store which is closed-back.

Most of the time he will use the headphones with his smartphone at home and he will not use it on the go.

Thanks!

- Nathan

Maybe have a look at the Audio-Technica ATH-AD500x too. Open backed and I really like them.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
You really cannot go wrong with AKG K550's.

Award winning cans and you can get them for less than £100.

I own them and they are superb and they to my ears are better than the more expensive Shure 1540's.

regards

Rich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts