First move into Home Cinema - Onkyo and Wharfedale a good mix?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently bought a new plasma TV and DVD recorder I am now considering adding a home cinema setup. My current system consists of a Panasonic TH-37PX80B TV, DMR-EX77EB DVD recorder and Sky box. In addition I have an NAD C 320BEE hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers. From my initial investigations, I am considering the following components: Onkyo TX-SR505E or 605E (and I see that there’s a replacement for the 605 around the corner), a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.SR speaker as surrounds, followed in the future by matching Wharfedale Evo2-Centre Speaker and SW150 Subwoofer. I was also looking at the (considerably) cheaper Wharfedale Modus Cubes as surrounds as my room isn’t the largest (approx 4m square). I’m after a system that is musical as well as impressive in AV. No fixed budget really, but would not want to exceed £1000 including connects by the time I’ve completed the system. Any comments/advice welcome. I am not wedded to the idea of using Wharfedale products exclusively, I am just very pleased with my existing speakers!

A

Anonymous

If your pleased with your diamonds I would definately complete the set and not demote to the inferior modus. You could also integrate you NAD its the system via the onkyo pre outs. This would maintain decent stereo when listening to music, something many AV recievers a poor at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts