first home cinema

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ive got a lg427000 lcd tv,panasonic bd35 blu ray player.want to get surround sound,been looking at boston acoustics xs 5.1 and denon 1910 reciever is this a good match.

A

Anonymous

Save a good deal of money and get the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 instead - it will sound a whole lot better than the BA.

A

Anonymous

thanks for reply edging towards ba because the good lady does,nt want to see the speakers.also only want to spend 1000 in total

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Much as the team rate the Boston Acoustics package, you will always get a more convincing sound from larger speakers. The Q Acoustics 1010i package isn't huge, and far from ugly, so might be worth running past "the good lady" to see what she thinks. You can get this for £300 at Richer Sounds at the moment... a cracking deal!

Then there's the receiver. You can get also get the Yamaha RX-V1065 from the same place for £450. This is in a higher bracket of receivers than the 1910 and originally retailed at £700.

So, all in, £250 under budget; and a fantastic budget-mid range set up.

As always, logic dictates that you try before you buy. Richer Sounds should let you audition these components togther. They also sell the Boston Acoustics package, so you can compare directly. The Q Acoustics package, I think, strikes a nice compromise between weedy satellite speakers and larger speaker that produce a fuller and more cohesive soundstage.

Edit: Should also add, all are five star products, so you can't go too far wrong!

A

Anonymous

youve said it all strapped ....
emotion-1.gif

Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 is a very good speaker system. The Denon 1910 should partner it well. But definitely demo the combination before making a purchase.

No point in considering the Q acoustics if aesthetics is important for you.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Do you think the 1010i is an ugly speaker package big boss? I quite like the look of them. And the Boston Acoustics package isn't exactly beautiful -- compact and easy to hide, yes, but a strange shape nonetheless...

A

Anonymous

i reckon the bank manager (wife?) will allow a loosening of the pursestrings for these powerful little stylish lovely eggs
emotion-40.gif

and this (ive got one) more than adequate av receiver ? £1100 all in ....

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. It doesn't appear that the OP likes the look of Q acoustics.......he seems to prefer the BA. I only suggested the OP that if he doesn't like the looks of the Q acoustics & aesthetics are important for him, there's no point in considering the Q acoustics.

Audiophiles want the best sounding speakers for the money, regardless of how they look. But not everyone is an audiophile.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
True, though I think the Q Acoustics package represents a nice compromise between looks/size and performance. Then again, you would be right to point out that it's not me who's buying...

A

Anonymous

strapped for cash:True, though I think the Q Acoustics package represents a nice compromise between looks/size and performance. Then again, you would be right to point out that it's not me who's buying...

hi strapped , have you come to a decision on the dalis ?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes i agree i think that the Q acoustic 1010i's offer superb value for money at £299, quite a large centre speaker, which forced me into getting the Quad-lites when they where heavily reduced.Also the new Q Acoustic 2000 have proved very popular, and offer a bit more style to them. A couple of good deals here with either the Onkyo or Yamaha amp.

http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/acatalog/Packages.html

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:
strapped for cash:True, though I think the Q Acoustics package represents a nice compromise between looks/size and performance. Then again, you would be right to point out that it's not me who's buying...

Decided to buy them. To do so, however, I need to raise cash by selling my B&Ws, rear speakers, stands, and a Laserdisc player with approx 30 discs, on ebay. Should cover it easily enough. Only sticking point is that I hope Sevenoaks don't sell out by the time I've raised the dough.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. If I can leave a deposit to secure the Dali package, so long as they don't mind waiting a few weeks for the rest of the money, I'll be the owner of a Dali Suite system in the near future...

Would love the disposable income working life affords again, though I'm happier as a research student doing something I genuinely enjoy!

A

Anonymous

strapped for cash:maxflinn:

Decided to buy them. To do so, however, I need to raise cash by selling my B&Ws, rear speakers, stands, and a Laserdisc player with approx 30 discs, on ebay. Should cover it easily enough. Only sticking point is that I hope Sevenoaks don't sell out by the time I've raised the dough.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. If I can leave a deposit to secure the Dali package, so long as they don't mind waiting a few weeks for the rest of the money, I'll be the owner of a Dali Suite system in the near future...

Would love the disposable income working life affords again, though I'm happier as a research student doing something I genuinely enjoy!

ah , good man , hopefully you can get shot of your other gear in time , or they take a deposit and hold the dalis ..

i know its not something your too bothered about right now , but if in the future , you hook them dalis up to a stereo amp , im betting you will love the sound they make
emotion-21.gif

as regards the studying , i say go for it , you seem to be quite a clever guy , if you dont follow it through , youll never know what might have been , you can get a job anytime
emotion-21.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Cheers mate! Spent ten years working before deciding to re-enter the world of education; and I've got three years left researching, so no need for job hunting 'till it's over...

Like I say, the only thing I miss is the disposable income (hence my forum name). In every other respect, it's all good.
emotion-2.gif

Have to see what my financial and accomodation status is further down the line. Would be nice to assign the Dali fronts stereo duties, though a bigger living room and larger AV rack are required...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts