Finally! A proper 11.2 channel AV receiver with Atmos and DTS:X from Anthem!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
The MRX720 is listed on Amazon's US site for $2200. Given that you'll need a four channel power amp (or two stereo power amps) to get the full 11 channels, it's a pretty expensive option. The Yamaha RX-A3050 (which, admittedly, requires at least one extra power amp to give all 11 channels) is priced at $2000 on Amazon. Add on, say, $250 each for basic Onkyo stereo 80 WPC power amps, and you're looking at $2700 for the Anthem plus two power amps or $2250 for the Yamaha plus one power amp.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
It's the 1120 actually that I'm interested in, not 720. That's an 11-channel AVR. The only issue is the price, it'll cost around £3400 I suspect. That's about more than a £1000 I'm prepared to pay. Let's see....

Agreed. Price is too high to be competitive. Similarly to the subject receiver brand, Onkyo's other brand (can't remember the name right now) faces the same problem - low brand recognition, too few dealers, and too high prices.

I expect the "Mark 2" versions of the current Atmos-enabled receivers (5, 7, 9 and 11 channel) from Onkyo, Yamaha, Marantz, etc. etc. will be released soon, already programmed for DTS:X. I'm waiting too.....

Anthem MRX 1120 is currently priced at £3499, will go up to £3999 from 1st February. Anthem are shooting themselves in both feet with the price I think. So much as I want to reduce the box count, the 1120 is way too expensive. They're making a mockery of the exchange rates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts