FILTERS AND CONDITIONERS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 195594

Ditto! Been sporting the full-on Kojak since the first lockdown...
I'm well on my way to Yul Brynner, so learned to use a hair clipper during lockdown to take care of what I had left. The first attempt, I set the clippers too short, plus I'd cut my forehead open the day before , so ended up looking like an extra from Shawshank Redemption. Scared my wife to death when she came in from work 🤣

gasolin

I don't own a mains conditioner or anything like that, just a non filtered mains block, but what I found I had to buy was some kind of DC blocker.

Everytime my much better half or son used the hair dryer, my system sounded like a swarm of angry bees had moved in. It wasn't subtle. I bought the DC Blocker from ifi. Worked a treat, no more bees 👍.

Audiolab also maskes a dc blocker https://www.audiolab.co.uk/dc-block/

not somthing crazy expensive, something most can afford (even me)

D

Deleted member 195594

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
I've got the Tacima mains conditioner from Amazon, £36. For me it's made quite a difference to my sound and in a good way. I was amazed really, and cos it's Amazon if you don't like it just send it back! I can feel other voices on here about to say I'm deluding myself but I'm happy. I was going to do an AB sound comparison but the difference was so obvious to the standard mains extension I never bothered
I bought one last week and it made no difference that I can hear in my system. I had an Olsen previous which I only replaced because the lead was about about 7m long and looked unseemly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts