Films: Best horror film?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
every film staring me "Christopher Lee " as every knows that was not his real name his real name was Frank Carandini Lee and yes a well know singer too. The Twins of Evil comes to mind only because they was identical twins Very tragic after they became Playboy girls of the month . One died very young . (note the first twins ever to be in Playboy

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Best horror to me ever made is the Headless Horseman starring Johnny Depp. This is the type of film he excels at. To my mind he is the number 2 best actor in the world The best is a certain guy who played in Apollo 13 ( who should have got an Oscar for that film . He previous won back to back Oscars . But if you want to see him at his best watch the Money Pit (more known for this type of film ) and the Burbs (horror ?)

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I quite like Silver Bullet, but surely even within the werewolf genre there are many better.

Depp and Hanks as the world's best actors?!
yes the best actors in the world Hanks is only one of 3 guys to win back to back Oscars and should have won the Oscar for Apollo 13 . Neither are the highest paid that goes to that American football guy only reason was he made more films than anyone else last year. As best actor you have to be joking Note he has just done a super hero film ( not another one ) Harrison Ford rarely makes films anymore .( remember him in Witness ( did he not do Star Wars ) Actors are not what they use to be Richard Burton Elizabeth Taylor. By the way why do the call actress actors now they not actors they are actresses . To be the best actor in the world you have to be able to act al genres of acting film Theatre and perhaps TV too. Those actors/actresses do not exist anymore that was the golden age before the 1970s. Musicals Theatre film

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr
Very much have to disagree about the acting chops of those two - Oscars don't mean much to me. Edward Norton (to name but one) is massively better. Feel free to start a separate thread about that if you want though - it's off topic.

Actor applies to both genders as part of a gradual shift - no point in digging your heels in. We don't have butcheresses and bakeresses. But I can see that one descending into politics, so let's not go there - forum rules.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Oscars mean everything, to the film industry it sells bums on seats . Money . DVD sales etc. The problem the industry has is costs making a film can cost over $200 million to make . Then we have the other end of what can very wrong for the wrong reasons "RUST" they was losing money like it was been thrown in to the sea. Rarely a film loses a fortune but more lose money than make it these days but it does happen ie Water World being an example . This is why Oscars are important . ST Tropez film festivals . Terminator 2 was at the time the most expensive film ever made (Cleopatra being another) we all know what happened to those two great films Lost money big time then the rest is history

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts